6th May 2017, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET lectureship after completion of graduation and post graduation in different streams?

Hello, I have done B.Sc. in PCM (physics, chemistry, Maths) then worked in BPO for 5 years meanwhile completed MPA (Master in Public Administration) from IGNOU distance learning with 68%. I want to give NET for lectureship. My age is 31. Would there be any problem because of different streams in graduation & post graduation. Need some guidance regarding the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for B.Ed and TET after doing B.Com with 49.33%
  2. In which streams I can apply for post graduation? How to prepare myself for it?
  3. Can I do B.Ed after MCA degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for post graduation after completion of my BA graduation from YCMOU?
  6. How to get lecturer job in any Government college?
  7. What is the score needed in GATE? I plan to do PH.D and I belong to SC
  8. How to become a professor in college after graduating with pass class? Can I appear for B.Ed?
  9. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
  10. Streams I can apply with 41% in graduation? In which good colleges can I get admission?
  11. Is there any upper age restriction for UGC entrance exam?
  12. What should I do after failing in IAS exam?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for CSIR NET entrance exam for lectureship? Where would I get registration form in Goa for the same?
  14. Eligibility to be an Assistant Lecturer after qualifying UGC NET but 46% marks in graduation and in MBA 58% marks? Do I need to qualify NET again if I repeat graduation and post graduation?
  15. Can I apply for post graduation after completion of my BA graduation from YCMOU?
  16. What are the possible streams available to become a faculty after completion of B.Com graduation?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completion of graduation and post graduation in Biotechnology?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree?
10th May 2017, 08:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET lectureship after completion of graduation and post graduation in different streams?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and is held by CBSE for recruitment of Assistant Professor and joining of Junior Research Fellowship in universities approved by UGC ( Union Grant Commission ).

Further to be eligible for appearing in the same examination you need to have completed your Master's degree with at least 55% marks in any one of the subject list provided on official link of NET from a recognized university. Relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD category.

As far as you are concerned about the need of subjects in Graduation and Post graduation degree to same then there is no such requirement and student having completed Master's degree with required aggregate in anyone of the subjects provided ( ( which includes Public Administration ) is certainly eligible for appearing in NET and you too are eligible as your aggregate is 68%.

For more details about NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
11th May 2017, 10:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET lectureship after completion of graduation and post graduation in different streams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have done B.Sc. in PCM (physics, chemistry, Maths) then worked in BPO for 5 years meanwhile completed MPA (Master in Public Administration) from IGNOU distance learning with 68%. I want to give NET for lectureship. My age is 31. Would there be any problem because of different streams in graduation & post graduation. Need some guidance regarding the same.
You have completed Masters degree so you are eligible for UGC NET exam for Lectureship post.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There are no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?