7th April 2017, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I attempt CPT again after 3 failed attempts?

I appeared for CPT exam & registered at December 2015. I give three attempts. Can I write an exam another time in 2017 June without new registration?

7th April 2017, 07:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attempt CPT again after 3 failed attempts?

CA CPT registration is valid for 3 years, that means you can attempt for it 6 times because exam is conducted twice in a year.

After 3 years you can renew the registration, if you fail to clear the exam.
7th April 2017, 08:16 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I appeared for CPT exam & registered at December 2015. I give three attempts. Can I write an exam another time in 2017 June without new registration?

Yes, you can attempt CPT again after 3 failed attempts. The CA CPT initial registration will be valid for three years. For CPT you have two attempts to appear per year so totally 6 attempts within the 3 years initial registration period. If your period was over 3 years then you have to revalidate it for another 3 years. This is the CA CPT Examination registration validity. So you can appear for CA CPT after 3 attempts also. The CA is one of the toughest courses, you can avail some coaching classes to clear the CPT examinations.
8th April 2017, 12:41 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can make attempt again in the month of June 2017 without any new registration as you can attempt 4th time also.
Candidates those who have registered themselves for CPT can have 6 attempts which means their registration is valid for 3 years. After that candidates must have to re validate the registration for next 3 years.
8th April 2017, 01:09 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test and the examination is conducted for the candidates who are interested to pursue chartered accountancy course. As you wanted to know the number of attempts for CPT examination, so to guide you with the exact information I have attached a link below where you will be able to find the total details of the examination. Therefore, download the file from the given link and clear your doubts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cpt details.pdf(59.5 KB, 35 views)
8th April 2017, 03:04 AM
khanexpert

If you have attempted for 6 times, i.e. for 3 years and still not have competed, you can surely revalidate it for another 3 years by submitting for another 3 years, i.e. 6 more attempts.

Validation fee is for Rs. 300/- and each validation is for 3 years and not more than that.
21st September 2018, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I took 3 attempts for cpt and not yet cleared . on April 2019 my bcom will be completed. So I thought of registering for IPCC after completing my bcom. What procedure I have follow to register for IPCC? How does icai will take to convert from cpt to ipcc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?