26th July 2015, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to attempt CPT exam for second time?

Sir,
I have to give second attempt of cpt exam plz tell me the procedure...procedure for second attempt for cpt
Thanking in anticipation.

15th August 2015, 01:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to attempt CPT exam for second time?

CPT stands for the Common Proficiency Test. It is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course and this test is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

There is no such changes even if you apply for the second time. When the notification for the CPT is released, you need to apply online for the exam at the official website of CPT which is www.icai.org. After providing all personal details and uploading photograph and signature, you need to pay the application fee of Rs 1000 through Debit card or other payment methods.

The June CPT exam is over now. You need to wait for the December 2015 notification for CPT exam. CPT exam is an objective exam and consists of 200 questions where each questions carried one mark each from:

>>Fundamentals of accounting.

>>Economics

>>Mercantile law.

>>Aptitude.

To pass this test , a candidate must score at least 30% marks in each section and overall 50% aggregate. Work on your past mistakes due to which you could not pass the exam. Solve previous year papers and gain confidence.
10th February 2016, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I wrote exam in Dec 2015 cpt exam it is my first attempt but I fail in Dec. 2015 so I want to give second attempt in June 2016 cpt exam I want to register again or not because I registered in Dec 2015
16th February 2016, 05:08 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> CPT :- Common Proficiency Test , entrance exam to study CA course further.
-> it consists of 200 marks which of 100 are qualifying marks.
-> if you failed in 1st attempt , no need to worry why because you can attempt for another time, but it is waste of time.
-> Try to clear it in maximum 2 attempts , it will be better .
-> process for appearing for 2nd time is just you have to apply it for another time i.e, actually CPT exam will be conducted twice in a year . you can attempt it in 2nd time in that year.
21st January 2017, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I have failed my CPT in first attempt now I am not knowing how to apply it for second attempt?
24th February 2017, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

This june will be my second attempt i need some tips to secure well in maths
12th March 2017, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

If failed in cpt exam should i need pay again registration fees 6000 for second attempt
5th October 2017, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I have given the CPT exam in July, 2016 and now i want to give it again in December 2017. This will be my second attempt. So what is the procedure do it again?
21st October 2018, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

I'm repeating CPT for second time. I have filled all necessary details in the form and made the payment too .
Do I need to send the form again by post???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?