17th September 2017, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Chartered Accountant if I have studies Maths till 10th standard only?

I am a Commerce student. I had General Math in 10th. So, I didn’t got Math in Commerce Stream. I am studying S.P. instead of Math. But I want to do C.A. i.e. Chartered Accountant.
Could I do that? Please, waiting for your reply.

17th September 2017, 04:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Chartered Accountant if I have studies Maths till 10th standard only?

Chartered Accountancy course is a profession course after completing one head towards becoming a Chartered Accountant.

Further the Chartered Accountancy course is divided into three stages which includes Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) followed by Integrated Professional Competence Course ( IPCC ) and the final stage.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for CA course having not pursued Mathematics at Class 12th level then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for appearing in CPT the stage one of CA course is a Class 12th or equivalent degree from a recognized institute.

For full details regarding CA course you can refer to the link www.icai.org .
17th September 2017, 05:18 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a Chartered Accountant if I have studies Maths till 10th standard only?

Yes, of course you can do CA. It doesn't matter if you have not studied maths after 10th. Candidates who have completed intermediate in any stream from a recognized board are eligible to do this course. Thanks
17th September 2017, 06:16 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a chartered accountant, you must complete 12th standard from a recognized board which is the minimum eligibility to apply for CA course. It is not at all mandatory to study mathematics after 10th to become a CA. But, you should have studied mathematics at 10th level.

As you have studied mathematics in 10th standard, so you are eliglbie to apply for CA course.
17th September 2017, 07:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become a Chartered Accountant even if you have studied Mathematics subject till 10th standard. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or Bachelor's degree course from a recognised board/ university are eligible to pursue CA course. To get admission for pursuing CA course, you should have to appear and qualify the CPT examination. By qualifying the CPT examination, you can directly register for IPCC course and after that, you are eligible to pursue CA course.
17th September 2017, 10:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for CA course, if you haven't studied maths at class 12th level. Any stream students are eligible to apply for CA CPT because only 10th is needed to apply for registration.

Just make sure that you are well prepared for the CPT, according to the syllabus of the exam. You need to qualify the test to become eligible for next stage.
18th September 2017, 12:57 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can do CA (Chartered Accountancy) even if you haven't studied Mathematics in your higher studies after 10 standard.
Candidates who have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in any discipline from any recognized education board, are eligible to appear in CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test) exam.
In order to appear in CA CPT exam, candidates must be registered for the CPT test with the board of studies ICAI (Indian Chartered Accountancy of India).
18th September 2017, 07:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an Chartered Accountant you need to pursue Chartered Accountancy course which includes three stages (i) Common Proficiency Test (ii) Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and the final stage course.

Further the minimum eligibility to appear in CPT the first stage of CA course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So even having completed your Class 12th without Mathematics you are eligible to pursue CA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?