23rd August 2014, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Bachelor of Law degree through distance mode?

I am doing as a vice principal in aided degree college in andhra pradesh with 25 years experience. with m.a.m.phil (hindi). and now drawing ugc scale. can i do bachelor of law in distance mode ? and where?

24th August 2014, 12:54 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Bachelor of Law degree through distance mode?

Bar Council of India doesn't recognize the distance mode Law Degree which, means you shouldn't go for this distance mode education for Law Degree. If it is not approved by Bar Council of India then, you will not be eligible for practice as well as you will not be eligible for any Government jobs related to Law degree.

So go for a regular Law degree from a recognized University and please ensure that the degree is approved by Bar Council of India.

You can give CLAT exam for getting admission into Law course. You will be eligible for LLM course as you are Master Degree holder. Just take care that you have 50% marks in Graduation. Age is not a constraint for LLM course so don't worry about age.

Exam will be objective type and there will be negative mark for every wrong answer. So be careful while attempting the questions.
15th April 2015, 11:59 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Can I do Bachelor of Law degree through distance mode?

Yes, LLB can be done through the distance mode.

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But if you have completed graduation then you are not eligible for CLAT.
A simple LLB, you are eligible.

Many university acoross the country are there which offer a LLB degree through regular as well as the private mode.

There is no such hard and fast eligibility criteria for that.

The candidate just have to pass the higher secondary and all the subject in that successfully as per the guidelines of UGC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?