6th December 2017, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BBA, being an arts stream student? Is there any possibility?

Hello, I am an arts student and my subject is geography, home science, sociology, Hindi, English and music. Can I do BBA as I am not a commerce students. Is there any possibility of my to apply for this course. Please reply.

6th December 2017, 08:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BBA, being an arts stream student? Is there any possibility?

Yes, you can do BBA course even if you have passed 12th standard with Arts stream. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for admission to BBA course. Admissions in BBA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
6th December 2017, 09:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BBA, being an arts stream student? Is there any possibility?

Yes, definitely you can pursue BBA degree after completing your 12th standard. For admission into BBA, there are no mandatory subject requirements in the 11th and 12th standard and most institutes do not hold competitive exams for entrance into BBA, and admission depends upon your 12th standard results.
6th December 2017, 09:44 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue BBA course:

Aspirants who have completed their 10 + 2 with any stream are eligible to pursue this course.

Minimum age should not be less than 17 and maximum should not exceed 25 years.

As you told that you have completed your 10 + 2 with arts stream you are eligible to pursue this course.
6th December 2017, 10:04 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BBA course according to the above qualification. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with minimum 50% to 60% marks from a recognized board are eligible to pursue BBA course. Candidates from any discipline can pursue this course. The age limit for BBA is 17 years to 25 years. So, if you fulfill the above eligibility then you can pursue BBA.
6th December 2017, 10:31 PM
ashfaquekhan316

Yes, you can get admission in BBA course after having studied your 12th grade from Arts stream, there is no issue in it.

You should have completed your 12th boards and should have attained a minimum of 50% in aggregate in order to be able to apply.

In some of the premium institutes, an entrance test is conducted for admission in the course, and in some of the institutes you can get direct admission, depends upon your garde.
6th December 2017, 10:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to pursue BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) course with the above mentioned criteria.

>> The basic educational qualification required is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are from Arts background, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue BBA course as any stream in 12th Class is accepted.

>> The minimum percentage you must have secured in 12th Class in order to be eligible is 50% marks.

>> As you successfully meet the required eligibility criteria, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this course.
7th December 2017, 03:04 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for BBA (Bachelors of Business Administration) course after completing 10+2 in arts stream, because to apply for BBA course minimum qualification required is 10+2 or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

- Duration of BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) course is 3 years.
7th December 2017, 11:19 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am an arts student and my subject is geography, home science, sociology, Hindi, English and music. Can I do BBA as I am not a commerce students. Is there any possibility of my to apply for this course. Please reply.

Yes, you can do BBA being an arts stream student. Candidates who have studied Class XII or equivalent examinations in any stream with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for the BBA course. Admission to the course is done on the basis of an entrance test and personal interview in some colleges. Duration of the course is two years. You can study the BBA course in various colleges in India like

Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies - Official Website

BML Munjal University - Official Website

Manipal University - Official Website
7th December 2017, 02:41 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, definitely you are eligible for BBA and can get admission into BBA course after completion of 12th standard from Arts discipline. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or its equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized board of education are eligible to pursue BBA course.
7th December 2017, 03:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BBA refers to Bachelor of Business Administration and same is a professional degree course of three years with a good scope in business world.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with English as a main subject 50% marks from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with Arts stream with above mentioned subject combination you can definitely pursue BBA degree course if you have managed 50% marks in your Class 12th. Further I would also like to let you know that there is no requirement of commerce stream at Class 12th level for pursuing BBA degree course.
7th December 2017, 04:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BBA is open for any stream class 12th pass students. Admission is mostly based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university or institute.

Hence, make sure you have got 50% marks in class 12th with any stream because this is the minimum criteria asked for applying.
7th December 2017, 04:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BBA is open for any stream class 12th pass students. Admission is mostly based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university or institute.
Hence, make sure you have got 50% marks in class 12th with any stream because this is the minimum criteria asked for applying.
7th December 2017, 04:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Hence, make sure you have got 50% marks in class 12th with any stream because this is the minimum criteria asked for applying. Just apply for the entrance exam according to the notification.
7th December 2017, 08:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BBA course. BBA is Bachelor in Business Administration course from a recognised university.

Most of the universities conduct entrance examination for admission in the course. Candidates after qualifying in entrance examination will be eligible for admission in the course.

The required minimum eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with English as main paper and have scored minimum 50%.

So, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for admission in the course.
7th December 2017, 09:14 PM
rachamallamanoj

Yes you can do BBA course after completing 12th with arts stream. It does not matter whether you belong to arts stream.
To do BBA the eligibility criteria is
1. You must complete 12th with any stream like arts, commerce, commerce.
2. There is no marks percentage required in 12th to join BBA course.
3. There will be specialization in BBA which you can choose while joining like
i. Hospital and Healthcare Management
ii. Sports Management
iii. Hospitality & Hotel Management
iv. Travel and Tourism Management
v. International Business
vi. Integrated Marketing Communications
vii. Event Management
viii. Finance
ix. Aviation Management
x. Communication and Media Management
4. Basically there won't be any entrance exam to join BBA but some reputed colleges might take exam to give admission.
7th December 2017, 09:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no problem in it to pursue BBA course even if you are from Arts stream. You must have to qualify in class 12th examination in order to be eligible for pursuing BBA course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for BBA course.
So, just go ahead and pursue the above mentioned course from a respective University.
7th December 2017, 11:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue BBA even after completing intermediate from Arts stream. There is no restriction for changing stream and no any special procedures required for this. So you can go through BBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?