27th June 2015, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in last year of B.Com in Open University if discontinued after 2nd year?

Hi,
I had left my B.Com completion in the 2nd year. I have the certificate for 2nd year completion of B.Com. Is it possible to do only the last year of B.Com through some Open University? If yes please give me details for the same.

Related Questions:
  1. What's should I do after completing B.A? I'm in B.A 3rd year from S.K. University(Open university)
  2. Eligibility to get admission in 12th CBSE Open School for a candidate who discontinued schooling?
  3. Can I join directly in any degree form open university after completing 10th and failing in my PUC 2nd year/12th board exam -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it possible to join in 2nd year B.Com at Channamma University, Belgaum?
  5. How can I get information regarding the admission after discontinue of diploma studies?
  6. Admission in B.Com 2nd year is possible in 2015 if studies 1st year 5 years back?
  7. Admission in Calcutta University at B.Com 2nd year is possible?
  8. Can I get admission in 3rd year if discontinued graduation in 2nd year of B.A. 6 years ago?
  9. Can I study BA in Economics from Open University being a candidate having passed in 10th class and discontinued in 12th class?
  10. Can I get admission in 2nd year for B.Com in Allahabad University Campus? I have given the exam for B.Com first year from Allahabad degree college
  11. Marks required to get admission in B.Com final year in any college of Mumbai or Pune?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for Education Loan to continue my studies if discontinued after completing 2nd year of B.Tech?
  13. How to join M.Com in open university while in final year B.Com?
  14. Studies in Abroad for a student who had discontinued B.E. in 2nd year?
  15. Can I get admission in 3rd year of B.Sc(Chemistry) if discontinued in 2nd year of B.Sc(Biology)?
  16. Admission to 2nd year B.Sc after compartment in 1st year? is it possible in Ambala University?
  17. Admission to 2nd year B.Com after completing 1st year BCA?
  18. Can I get admission in final year of B.A. if discontinued 3 years ago?
29th June 2015, 11:07 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in last year of B.Com in Open University if discontinued after 2nd year?

No it is not possible as the certificate is from a different University.
You can get yourself admitted to the course of B.Com from 1st year if you can take admission in an Open University and you will be able to get a degree of B.Com in 3 years time which is accepted throughout the world if you do so from an Open University which is recognized.
So make sure you get yourself admitted to an Open University which is recognized.
30th June 2015, 01:50 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in last year of B.Com in Open University if discontinued after 2nd year?

No, I am sorry to say that it is not possible to study only final of B.Com from Open University as there is mo such provision laid down for it.

However, if you wish to continue your B.com from Open University, you will probably have to start from the very beginning, i.e. from 1st year itself.
30th June 2015, 09:03 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

B.com stands for Bachelor In commerce which is under graduate course , The course duration is 3 years & having six semesters .

AS you have discontinued the course you can continue it if you are doing in same university from where you are doing before , first of all you have to talk with your Present Dean or H O D . After consulting him you can get details information how to continue the course.

But as you are saying to get it in some open university which is known as distance education there you have to start it from the beginning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?