24th April 2015, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?

Respected Sir,
I am in 12th having Commerce with
Computer Science but without Mathematics.
I want to do BCA after my 12th,
so without Maths is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study BCA if pursuing Multimedia as a subject in 12th Commerce? List of BCA colleges in Gujarat?
  2. Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?
  3. Procedure to join CA course being a candidate pursuing 12th class with Commerce stream?
  4. BCA for student from commerce background? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What are the possible career options for each streams?
  6. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 58.2% in 12th Science? List of colleges in Delhi?
  7. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  8. Am I eligible for BCA if I am a CBSE 12th commerce and computer science student
  9. Which is better to study among BBA and BCA for a candidate who has secured 74% in 12th Commerce?
  10. Am I eligible to join CA course being a candidate pursuing 12th class with Computer Science stream?
  11. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder?
  12. Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Commerce student who haven't studied Computer Application?
  13. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  14. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  15. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  16. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  17. Possibility to study M.Sc(Mathematics) for BCA student?
  18. Possibility to study B.Sc(Physics) for B.A.(Political Science) candidate who is preparing for IAS exam?
26th April 2015, 03:10 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?

Yes of course. But, less no. of chances in top institution admission. Do not have any hopes in government college and other reputed institutions because they will definitely ask the mathematics at intermediate level course OR you have to appear for entrance examination to get admission in a reputed institution, which is conducted by their respective universities. But, definitely you can get the admission in BCA course. There is no doubt about that.

Eligibility Criteria:

-Intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification.
-You must have secured at least 60% marks (55% marks reserved categories).
26th April 2015, 05:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidates should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of the best college for BCA course:-

Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon

Indian Academy Group of Institutions ,Bangalore

IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) ,Jodhpur
27th April 2015, 10:39 AM
Forumexpert
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am sorry to say this word without mathematics you are not eligible to study BCA. Because the basic eligibility criteria to study BCA tells that candidate should have completed 12th in any stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board. And also the candidate age limit should not be below 17 years. Do not lose your confidence you have plenty of courses available to study. Keep searching and select the best course.
27th April 2015, 04:49 PM
amanshrivastava98

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?