19th July 2016, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I opt Physics, Chemistry and Home Science to study in B.Sc after completion of 12th PCM?

Hi Sir,
I am a Science student of 12th standard in PCM stream. I want to study B.Sc after completing my 12th PCM. I want to ask you that can I take Physics and Chemistry with Home Science in B.Sc? Please reply soon!

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses I can opt for after completion of 12th class with Maths, Physics and Chemistry?
  2. How can I get admission to study Robotic Science and Mechanics after completion of 12th PCM? List of best institutes?
  3. Can I opt for B.Com course in Symbiosis after passing 12th?
  4. How to study BSc mathematics after completion of 12th with Maths, Chemistry, Physics
  5. Required Qualification to join Aeronautical Engineering? How should I approach for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Eligibility to study B.Com in Symbiosis College for 12th PCM candidate?
  7. Which stream should I choose to become an engineer after 10th?
  8. PCM and Biology or PCM and Computer Science which is better to take in 11th standard?
  9. How to study Physics for 12th WBCHSE Board exam in order to score good marks?
  10. How to do BSc with chemistry after completing BSc with PCM and computer science?
  11. What should I do to have a graduation in nanotechnology?
  12. Which field should I choose after class 10th if I am interested in Biology and Maths? Will it be a good career choice? -- [New]
  13. What is the fee charged by symbiosis pune for 3 year B.Com Hons?
  14. BSc pshychology after 12th in Medical PCM?
  15. What should I choose to do for graduation after completion of 12th in science stream?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in IELTS being an NIOS candidate with Physics, Chemistry, English, Hindi and Home Science subjects?
  17. Any chance for Biomedical engineering after taking PCM subjects? College in Coimbator which I can opt? Percentage required for it?
  18. What should I opt to study further with 44.6% in 12th PCM?
20th July 2016, 05:40 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I opt Physics, Chemistry and Home Science to study in B.Sc after completion of 12th PCM?

You have not provided enough details to answer like in which subject you want to do the BSc.

Since you have mentioned Home Science, I will consider it as your area of interest.

No, you may not be given the choice of Home Science with Physics and Chemistry. They belong to two different streams. Home Science comes under the Arts whereas Physics or Chemistry come under the Science stream.

Also, it depends on the university you are studying in. You may ask the officials if they have any schemes for such. But as far as I know, you may not get what you desire for.
20th July 2016, 05:47 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I opt Physics, Chemistry and Home Science to study in B.Sc after completion of 12th PCM?

You have not provided enough details to answer like in which subject you want to do the BSc.

Since you have mentioned Home Science, I will consider it as your area of interest.

No, you may not be given the choice of Home Science with Physics and Chemistry. They belong to two different streams. Home Science comes under the Arts whereas Physics or Chemistry come under the Science stream.

Also, it depends on the university you are studying in. You may ask the officials if they have any schemes for such. But as far as I know, you may not get what you desire for.
20th July 2016, 09:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I am a Science student of 12th standard in PCM stream. I want to study B.Sc after completing my 12th PCM. I want to ask you that can I take Physics and Chemistry with Home Science in B.Sc? Please reply soon!
After completion of 12th standard with PCM stream, you can apply for B.Sc in Pass course with Physics, Chemistry and Home Science. But you can't do B.Sc in Honors with this subject combination.

Your age should be above 17 years.
20th July 2016, 10:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No there is no such kind of Bachelor Degree where you can choose home fine with Physics and Chemistry either you have to go for simple BSc where you can choose Physics and Chemistry or you have to go for BSC Honours in home science.
If you are interested to study home science then you have to study BSc in home science then you cannot choose Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects.
21st July 2016, 12:19 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot make Home Science as one of your subjects in B.Sc along with Physics and Chemistry as there is no such provision for it.

You can opt for B.Sc course excluding Home Science if you want to opt for Physics and Chemistry along with it.
21st July 2016, 02:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that you cannot get this combination of Physics, Chemistry along with Home Science to study B.Sc degree course. Home Science is a subject of Arts department.
Since you are doing B.Sc, you can get Mathematics, Computer Science etc. along with Physics and Chemistry to study B.Sc course
14th September 2017, 01:05 PM
kunalroy89

Home science I think doesn't comes under Main subjects in Graduation for any major university and affiliated colleges. It is mostly grouped under Arts or as subsidiary pass subject.
For main subject you need to have Science papers Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Electronic (if available), Computer (if available)
4th June 2020, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I opt home study for chemistry physics and biology to study in regular BSc. After completion of my 12 ARTS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?