9th June 2015, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria asked for MBA after graduation in open university?

Sir/Medam,

I am doing my graduation 2nd year B.COM in (DR.BR.AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD) in karimnagar am i eligible to do MBA in regular after completion of graduation in open university. Can someone please provide me the details on the same?

Thank you!

9th June 2015, 10:12 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for MBA after graduation in open university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Medam,

I am doing my graduation 2nd year B.COM in (DR.BR.AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD) in karimnagar am i eligible to do MBA in regular after completion of graduation in open university. Can someone please provide me the details on the same?

Thank you!

After completing your respected B.com you will be eligible for doing MBA course as you will satisfy the educational qualification needed. To tell about MBA course is stands for Master of Business Administration and it is a post graduate course of 2 years duration. There is no age limit needed.

To apply for the MBA course you need to apply for entrance exams which are conducted all over India and are:
  • AIMA MAT – AIMA Management Aptitude Test
  • FSM – FORE School of Management
  • IGNOU OPENMAT – Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test
  • IIBF – Indian Institute of Banking & Finance
  • JIMS – Jagannath International Management School
  • MDI – Management Development Institute
  • NMAT – Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test
  • SPJIMR – S P Jain Institute of Management & Research
  • XIMB – Xavier Institute of Management
  • BIMTECH – Birla Institute of Management Technology
  • EMPI – Entrepreneurship & Management Process International Business
  • IIM CAT – Indian Institute of Management Common Admission Test

You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria's framed for the exam and the top colleges where you can apply are:
  1. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
  2. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
  3. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
  4. Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
  5. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
  6. Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
  7. XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
  8. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
  9. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
  10. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
9th June 2015, 10:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for MBA after graduation in open university?

To be eligible to pursue MBA course, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. To get admission in MBA course, you must have to appear in MBA entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of two years MBA course.
10th June 2015, 08:39 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are very certainly eligible to do MBA course after completion of Graduation through distance degree. Remember, the only thing which is mandatory to be eligible for doing is "The University from which you are doing Distance Graduation must be recognized by central board". The basic educational qualification required is given below,

>> Candidates must have passed "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> The Minimum percentage required to be eligible for giving this MBA Entrance Test is "50% marks".

>> There is no maximum age limit to be eligible for doing this MBA course.

>> Since you are doing 2nd year B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) course, You can start applying for below Management Entrance Tests from next year onwards (as you will be in 3rd year of B.Com). Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to appear in MBA Management Entrance Exams.

>> You can apply for Common Admission Test (CAT), Management Aptitude Test (MAT), GMAT, Xavier's Aptitude Test, FMS Entrance Examination, IIFT and Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP).
10th June 2015, 10:38 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for pursuing MBA after graduation through open university :

Candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognised university with minimum 50% marks. 5% relaxation is there for reserved candidates.

Age Limit : There is no age limit.

You can pursue through following Open Universities :

Karnataka State Open University
Address: Bavdhan, Pune, Maharashtra, India- 411021

Venkateshwara Open University
Address: Warje, Pune, Maharashtra, India- 411058
Email: [email protected]

IGNOU

Please find the attachment for IGNOU MBA prospectus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Management Prospectus 2015.pdf(1.06 MB, 46 views)
10th June 2015, 11:50 AM
vickyhansi

MBA stands for Master in Business administration which is 2 year PG program after graduation.

you need to clear and score well in one of CAT,CET,JET,MAT,XAT,ATMA,SNAP etc...

If you have completed your graduation degree with above 50% marks then you are applicable for course but your degree must be recognized.The marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.

There is no age criteria so any body can apply here in any time.Final year student are also applicable for this course.
10th June 2015, 12:25 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to join in MBA course. So, you can join in MBA course, after the completion of your graduation, even if you have done it from a open university. To join in MBA course, you should appear for any MBA entrance exam, if you qualify in such exam, then you can get admission in MBA course.
10th June 2015, 08:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Medam,

Thank you!
No, after completion of B.Com degree from open university you are not eligible for MBA in regular course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for MBA entrance exam. Your graduation marks must be above 50% from recognized university. Final year candidate are eligible for MBA entrance exam.

List of the MBA entrance Exams:-

CAT: All IIMs' and 100+ more institutes.
XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur, XIM Bhubaneshwar, S. P. Jain, GIM etc.
SNAP: Institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University
JMET: IITs' and NITs' Management Program
MH-CET: Colleges in Maharashtra
CMAT: All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
6th March 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance to do MBA without having 50% marks in graduation?
8th March 2017, 02:07 PM
Aryaveer17
Junior Member+

If your qualified in bachelor degree your eligible to get admission in MBA course in distance stream .

Age Restrictions:
There are no age restrictions for admission in MBA. Qualify in Entrance Test: You should be qualified in OPENMAT management aptitude test conducted by open universities for admission to management programs.(Note: If you want to do regular otherwise no enterence test required)

Here is list of Hydrabad open universities

--International Institute of Management and Technical Studies, Hyderabad | Gachibowli, Hyderabad
--International Institute of Management and Technical Studies, Hyderabad | Gachibowli, Hyderabad
--Wisdom School of Management | Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
--MIT School of Distance Education | Ameerpet, Hyderabad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?