31st December 2015, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

Can i study Journalism course after passing +2 with commerce?

I am now in 11th class and from commerce side. I want to know that can i pursue a journalism course after passing my 12th? Please help me.

31st December 2015, 09:09 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study Journalism course after passing +2 with commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now in 11th class and from commerce side. I want to know that can i pursue a journalism course after passing my 12th? Please help me.
Yes, you can pursue Journalism course after completing Plus two. You can apply for B.Sc or BA in Journalism. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for B.Sc or BA in Journalism is the 10+2+3 in any discipline with at least 50% of marks from a recognized board. The admission criterion and procedure differs from university to university. Some universities and institutes might ask for an admission test or a specified percentage in 10+2+3. The duration of this course is 2 years.
31st December 2015, 09:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard in Commerce, you can do graduation degree in Journalism course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for graduation degree in Journalism.

Your age should be above 17 years.
31st December 2015, 10:34 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.A Journalism course after 10+2 with Commerce stream.

The eligibility to get admission in three year Journalism course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with English as main paper.

To get admission in some of university you need to qualify in entrance examination conducted for admission other offers admission on basis of aggregate in board examination.

So, you need to visit the official website of university to get complete details about admission procedure.
31st December 2015, 03:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Journalism is a good course with lots of career opportunities in recent time. The eligibility criteria for studying Journalism is that you need to complete your board (10+2) exams from a recognized board. English must be one of your compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for Journalism.

You can apply for Journalism course at bachelor's degree level in any of given below institutes well known for Journalism courses. Some conduct entrance exams and some take personal interview. You must have good communication and interpersonal skills.

Top Institute for Journalism courses:

1. Delhi University.

2. Annamalai University.

3. Indian Institute of Journalism.

4. Banaras Hindu University etc.
31st December 2015, 04:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream candidates are eligible for admission in journalism course. Admission in most of the institutes will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview.

Just make sure that you have got at least 50% marks in your class 12th to become eligible for the entrance exam. There are many private as well as government universities offering this course.
31st December 2015, 04:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study journalism course after passing +2 with commerce.

If you wish to become a journalist you can opt for any one of the following courses after 12th:

B.A( Hons ) Journalism (News)

B.A( Hons ) Journalism (broadcast)

B.A( Hons )Journalism (Multimedia)

Diploma in Journalism

B.Sc. in Journalism

Eligibility criteria to get admission for these courses are as under :-

- The candidate should have passed 12th in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate in the 12th class to join any good college.

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.
31st December 2015, 07:29 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can pursue journalism course after passing 12th standard from commerce stream. For your kind information i want to tell you that the stream in 12th class does not matter for joining the graduation in journalism. But you must have to pass all the subjects in your 12th class. No backlog is allowed for admission in graduation. You can go for B.A. (Communicative English with Journalism), B.Sc. (Mass Communication and Journalism) etc as per your interest.
31st December 2015, 11:29 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Yes, you can surely pursue the course in journalism after 10+2. As candidate with educational qualification of 10+2 with any subject or with any stream is considered eligible for journalism courses.

# Required educational qualification for the course in Mass Communication and Journalism:

* 10+2 in any stream for the bachelor degree programme.
* 10+2 in any stream for the certificate course.
* Bachelor degree in relevant discipline for master degree programme.

# Followings are the areas where one can find job after completion of course are:

* Central Information Services
* TV News Channels
* Press Information Bureau
* Newspapers
* Magazines
* Online Media websites
* All India Radio

# Apart from the job of News Reader, one can even join the following positions after completion of course:

* Reporter
* News Analyst
* Photo Journalist
* Correspondent
* Columnist
* Editor
* Proof Reader
* Fashion Journalist
* Chief Editor
* Sub-Editor
* Associate Editor
* Feature Writer
* Critic
* News Photographer

# Personal skills required by the aspirant in the field:

* Willingness
* Capacity to learn
* Team spirit
* Effective communication skill.
* Ability of taking quick decisions.
* Presence of mind.
* Leadership quality
* Self-confidence and cool mind,
* Acquaint with all latest national and international events.
* Visionary personality.
* Ability to edit or write the articles
* Ability to raise or make questions on national or international events.

# Names of few institutes offering courses in Mass Communication and Journalism are:

* Institute of Technology and Management (ITM), Dehradun
* NRAI School of Mass Communication, Management & Technology, New Delhi
* Jagan Nath University, Jaipur
* Indian Institute of Journalism & News Media (IIJNM), Bangalore
* Pearl Academy, Mumbai
* Institute of Management Studies, Noida
24th March 2016, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i study Journalism course after passing 2 with commerce?

Can i pursue a career in journalism after completion of my 2 in mpc stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?