11th December 2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Journalism after graduation in commerce?

I got married after my graduation. It’s been three years now. I did my graduation in commerce field (b.com). Now I want to pursue my studies again in journalism. Am I eligible? If so then please guide me with the procedure. Thank you.

11th December 2015, 09:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Journalism after graduation in commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got married after my graduation. It’s been three years now. I did my graduation in commerce field (b.com). Now I want to pursue my studies again in journalism. Am I eligible? If so then please guide me with the procedure. Thank you.
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible to get admission graduation in journalism.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree in journalism.

You age should be above 17 years.
11th December 2015, 09:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are definitely eligible for journalism course if you have got graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. A post graduate diploma in journalism will be good for you.

IIMC conducts entrance exam every for admission in post graduate diploma course in journalism and mass communication stream. Admission will be based on the performance in exam and interview. Hence, be prepared for it. There are other private colleges also conducting courses but they will be expensive.
11th December 2015, 11:36 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible to apply for Journalism course after completing Graduation in Commerce. You can apply for the Master Degree courses such as,

- M.A. Journalism
- M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication

- The eligibility for a M.A. Journalism degree will be a Bachelors Degree in any subject from a recognized university. However, a Bachelors Degree in Journalism will be given preference at the time of admission.

Selection procedure:

- The admission will be done on the basis of the entrance exam score. The entrance examinations for Journalism are held during the month of May/July every year.

- The Entrance Test generally includes a Written Test which comprising both objective and subjective questions
13th December 2015, 12:20 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You can study Postgraduate diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication.
The eligibility to study the course is graduation from any recognised university.
The duration of the course is 1 year.

The course is available in the following colleges: A.P. College of Journalism, Amrita School of Communication, Assam University, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Disha College, Dr. D.Y. Patil Arts, Science and Commerce College, Indian School of Public Relations, International Media Institute of India, Jamia Millia Islamia, Kerala Press Academy, Kumaun University, Patna University etc.

It is better if you are very good in current affairs.
After completing the course you can get a job in print media or electronic media.
You should develop your proficiency in English and you should be communicating freely with others.
You must have very good interpersonal skills and interested to work as one of the team member.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?