11th March 2016, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

Can i study MBA in FMS after scoring 45% marks in graduation?

Sir, this is rajiv here. I have completed my graduation from Sol(DU) with 45% of marks, and i am in (OBC )category. I want to know if i can do MBA in international business in FMS with this percentage in graduation.

11th March 2016, 02:35 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study MBA in FMS after scoring 45% marks in graduation?

Yes, you can study MBA in FMS after scoring 45% marks in graduation as you are from OBC category.
  • Candidate must have graduation degree from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured 50% marks in graduation. Relaxation of 5% is also there for OBC, PWD and SC/ST candidates.
  • Final year appearing candidates can also apply for it.
11th March 2016, 03:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, this is rajiv here. I have completed my graduation from Sol(DU) with 45% of marks, and i am in (OBC )category. I want to know if i can do MBA in international business in FMS with this percentage in graduation.
You have completed graduation degree with 45% marks so you are eligible for MBA in FMS through MAT entrance exam.

MAT Stands for Management Aptitude Test.

Those who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for MAT exam. There is no percentage criteria for MAT exam. Final year students can apply for MAT exam.

Best Books for MAT Exam :-

MAT- Management Aptitude Test (Paperback)
Author: By Student Aid Publication
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

A Complete Manual for Management Aptitude Test (Paperback)
Author: J. K. Chopra
Publisher: Unique Publishers

MAT Management Aptitude Test: Previous Years' Papers Up-To-Date (Solved) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

MAT: Management Aptitude Test 8th Edition (Paperback)
Author: R.P. Verma
Publisher: Asian Books
11th March 2016, 07:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

FMS accepts scores like CAT/GMAT. There is a percentage requirement for CAT which is 50% marks in graduation for general and OBC category. Hence, you are not eligible for CAT.

GMAT doesn't have any percentage limit, therefore, you can apply for it. This score is also accepted by top universities and institutes for MBA admission.
11th March 2016, 08:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You have scored really low marks in your 12th boards, therefore, in order to study MBA from FMS, you will have to score really well in your CAT entrance examination and you should keep in mind that you really need to scored well otherwise, you will not be eligible to get admission in the above mentioned Institute.
11th March 2016, 08:05 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Even if you belong to OBC category, you have scored relatively bad in your graduation. However, you can get admission in FMS only if you score really good in your CAT examination as it is the gateway to MBA course in FMS. Therefore, my suggestion to you is to try and score really well in your CAT entrance to get admission in the above mentioned course.
11th March 2016, 10:29 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

The admission in FMS course is through CAT entrance examination conducted by IIM for domestic candidates ( India) and for foreign candidates then need to apply for Dean of university.

So, you are eligible to get admission in FMS with 45% of marks in bachelor degree. The eligibility to appear for CAT examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with minimum 50%, 5% relaxation for reserved category candidates.

So, as you belong to reserve category, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission. For more information about FMS visit at http://www.du.ac.in.
12th March 2016, 12:51 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to study the MBA (Full Time) will be based on personal interview, group discussion and CAT (Common Admission Test) score conducted by Indian Institutes of Management as per schedule. Those who have not cleared the CAT shall not be considered for selection. You have to score a minimum of 50% marks in each section of CAT to qualify for the next rounds. The Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) admission will begin as per the notification of University of Delhi. The website links are given below
http://fms.edu/?q=node/592
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES.pdf(157.8 KB, 35 views)
13th April 2016, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir, im vishnu Raj . I have completed my graduation from kerala university with 45% of marks, and i am in (OBC )category. I want to know if i can do MBA in international business in Rajadhani (tvm) with this percentage in graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?