10th December 2015, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Can a Literature student do MA in History?

I did my graduation in English Hons with 61%. After that i did MA in English. Now i want to do MA in history. Is it possible?

11th December 2015, 09:09 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Can a Literature student do MA in History?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my graduation in English Hons with 61%. After that i did MA in English. Now i want to do MA in history. Is it possible?
The minimum educational qualification required for M.A in History is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and final year students are also eligible to apply. Since, you have already completed MA in English so it is waste of time to pursue for M.A in History. I suggest you to apply for PhD in English or M.Phil in English instead of M.A in History. Once after completing PhD/M.Phil in English you can make your career in Research or Teaching field.
11th December 2015, 04:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, in order to pursue MA in History you will first of all have to complete your BA from a recognized University and should have scored a minimum of 60% in your graduation and your age should not be above 17 years.
11th December 2015, 11:46 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Candidates holding a bachelor's degree in any stream eligible for M.A (History) 2 years course there is no problem at all. Candidate come to know when they study history history of india, ancient history, medieval history, economical history, social structures etc... scope for job career like research, analyze and evaluate documentary evidence etc
12th December 2015, 12:04 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you can do MA in History. The eligibility to study MA History is a bachelor’s degree from recognized university. The duration of the course is 2 years. So you are eligible to study the MA History course either in regular or in distance mode. The course is available in many universities in India like,

- IGNOU (www.ignou.ac.in)
- Delhi University (www.du.ac.in/
- Mumbai University (www.mu.ac.in/)
- Annamalai University (www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in)
- Madras University (www.unom.ac.in)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?