9th July 2015, 09:49 AM
yasar arafat khan

Am I eligible for applying Bank PO if I have passed BA with history, Urdu, General English and Hindi Literature?

Am I eligible for applying Bank PO if I have passed BA with history, Urdu, General English and Hindi Literature? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which I need to adhere to apply for the PO job? Awaiting for a quick reply soon.

Thanks!

9th July 2015, 01:10 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying Bank PO if I have passed BA with history, Urdu, General English and Hindi Literature?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the bank PO examination as according to the discipline of the graduation.

The examination is conducted by the IBPS ( Institute of Banking Personal Selection ) and the application form for the examination is made available from the 10th July 2015.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years and the relaxation in the age for the reserved category candidate.

There is no limitation on the discipline of the graduation and only passing percentage is required to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in the three stages as the :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The candidate need to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection. The question in the examination are asked from the General Aptitude, English, Computer, General Knowledge etc..

For more information visit the www.ibps.in
9th July 2015, 04:00 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying Bank PO if I have passed BA with history, Urdu, General English and Hindi Literature?

If you have a graduate degree then it does not matter that what are the main subjects in graduation for banking exam important is that you should be a graduate from any stream and is helpful if you have English and math in graduation as the grip on these subjects improve you in these subjects preparation.

Eligibility criteria for banking exam are-

>> To be an Indian citizen and qualified in graduation.

>> In the graduation there should not be any backlog in any subject.

>> Age should be upto 27 years and relaxation is given to reserved category candidate as per government rules.
9th July 2015, 04:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasar arafat khan View Post
Am I eligible for applying Bank PO if I have passed BA with history, Urdu, General English and Hindi Literature? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which I need to adhere to apply for the PO job? Awaiting for a quick reply soon.

Thanks!
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS/SBI PO exam.

Your age should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines that is 3 years for OBCs and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Examination pattern for Bank PO exam:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
9th July 2015, 04:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible to apply for the Bank PO exam after passing Graduation degree .

P.O. stands for Probationary Officer .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for Bank P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree with at least 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should have a certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations/Languages from an institute/college/university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam should be from 20 years to 30 years for general category.The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The Bank PO exam questions are generally asked from English,General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Quantitative aptitude,Test of reasoning.

-The selection procedure involves of

* Preliminary Examination,

* Main Examination, and

* Personal Interview.
9th July 2015, 05:14 PM
vickyhansi

You are eligible for Bank PO exam after graduation in any stream.

Following are Eligibility Criteria for Bank PO exam:

You age should be between 20-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST

3 years for OBC Candidates

You should have passed graduation in any stream from recognized university.

This year IBPS changed Selection process.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Selected candidates goes for Mains exam

Interview
9th July 2015, 06:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for bank probationary officer having completed your graduation with Arts stream ( history, Urdu, General English and Hindi Literature ) as for eligibility for the same stream in graduation does not matters.

The most important bank examinations held for the recruitment of bank probationary officer in most of the nationalized banks of India are IBPS PO examination and SBI PO examination.

The general eligibility criteria for this examination are as here under :-

--> You must be an Indian resident.

--> You must have a bachelor's degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

--> Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years if you are a general candidate otherwise there is the provision of age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates as per the government norms.

--> You must know to operate a computer as the whole banking works are computer based now a days.

Also the examination is held in three stages which are as Stage I) Preliminary test, Stage ii ) Mains and Stage III) Personality assessment test ( interview).

You can also apply for bank clerks for which your age must be within 20 years and 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable here also.

For more information regarding the above mentioned examination you must refer to theis respective official link i.e; www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.in.
9th July 2015, 08:06 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, you are definitely eligible for Bank P.O. Examinations conducted either by IBPS or by SBI.

# You are eligible for both following examinations regarding Bank PO Examinations:

* IBPS Bank PO Examination
* SBI PO Examination

# Candidate with any bachelor degree are eligible for any bank PO Examination irrespective of nature or stream of graduation degree.

# In order to crack any bank PO Examination, one should have sound knowledge of followings:

* General English language
* Quantitative Aptitude
* Reasoning Ability
* Computer Knowledge
* General Studies & Current Affairs

# It does not matter that you have not studied above mentioned topics in your graduation degree. You just required here to make special study of above-mentioned topics and make sure the chances of your success.

# Recommended books for Bank PO Examination are:

* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
* Arihant's General Studies
9th July 2015, 11:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for appearing in the examination is held for the recruitment of bank probationary officer or bank clerks as for these only degree of bachelor course matters not the stream of same course.

Now as you have completed your bachelor degree course so you are eligible for bank entrance examinations such as IBPS examination or SBI examination from the educational qualification point of view. But there are few more criteria which you must have for appearing in the same examination which are as here under :-

-> Nationality :- You must have the nationality of India.

-> Age limit :- Your age must be between 21 years to 30 years for the probationary officer where as it must be between 20 years to 28 years for the bank clerk. In both the cases age relaxation are applicable for the categories other than general as far as government norms and examination rules are concerned.

-> Also one is required to have knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are computer based as world is emerging digital.

The examinations are now held in three stages which are as discussed below:-

Stage I) Preliminary test , Stage II) Mains and Stage III) Personal interview.

For more information regarding the pattern, syllabus and other related queries concerning with these examination you can log on to the respective official link of examination which are www.ibps.in and www.sbi.exam.in.
10th July 2015, 12:38 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible to apply for " Bank PO " Exams with BA in History. But I think you have a lack of knowledge on Maths so you need be very sincere on your work. Otherwise you will not reach your goal.

To know the eligibility criteria of Bank PO you must go through the below information.

<> Should have at least graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks. But there is No specific requirement of percentage for Bank Exams.

<> Age should be in between these limits for Bank PO.

-- Minimum Age : 21 years

-- Maximum Age : 30 years.

<> There is a Age relaxation allowed for the reserved candidates like OBC, SC/ST etc.,

To apply for Bank PO , actually there is a Notification for PO released by IBPS, SBI and also individual Banks. So you can chose the Bank first there by you will get a idea about from where you can apply for it.
11th July 2015, 05:46 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank PO after completing B.A. As according to eligibility criteria for the Bank PO you must have graduation in any stream from recognised college or university.

Career in Bank is most respected. You also get good salary as PO officer. PO stands for Probationary Officer.

Selection Process-
1. Written exam
2. Interview

Age Limit for Bank Po- Your age must be within 20 years to 30 years. There is relaxation in age according to government norms.

Application Fee- Rs. 600

How to apply?

You have to apply for the exam online on the following link
ibps.sifyitest.com

https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/web/home/careers-with-us
4th January 2017, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I am very stressed pls help me, am I eligible for ibps if passed 10th and 12th from madarsa board in bihar but graduated from brabu university in english honours
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?