21st September 2014, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Duration of medicine course through lateral entry?

Hi, i have done M.Phil zoology. I am 30 years old. Can i do MBBS through lateral entry at this age. I would like to know the duration of medicine course through lateral entry.

Thanks.

22nd July 2015, 12:45 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Duration of medicine course through lateral entry?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for lateral entry course in MBBS. Although when you pass out MBBS you have to practice outside India. This is because in India we have a general process for medical courses. That is, you have to pass joint entrance examination for medical boards in India. Once you get a valid rank you can study medical stream of your choice in a seat available in government medical colleges in India. But that is not the case in lateral entry. here you get to enter in the 3rd or 4th year of the MBBS course, if and only if you have BPT or B.Sc. in nursing course somewhere. Since you are asking for lateral entry, I presume you have completed BPT or B.Sc. Nursing. Once you have that degree you can go for lateral entry in MBBS. But passing that course will not help you to get any job in India. It can only avail you a job in abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?