26th November 2016, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course is better between B.Tech and BCA?

Hi, I am appearing 2 class if I got 60-70 percent marks in +2 and not clear the JEE mains for entrance, so what I can do out of B.Tech AND BCA. Which is better for my future and I earn more salary, so out of B.Tech AND BCA which is better for me.?

30th November 2016, 06:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course is better between B.Tech and BCA?

If you are looking to become a software engineer, then B.Tech CSE is better than a BCA degree. Most of the top IT companies prefer candidates with B.Tech CSE or MCA qualification. Hence, if you do BCA, then you have to do MCA to get into top companies.

Therefore, B.Tech is surely the better option among the two courses, if you are looking for a software job in top companies. Just make sure that you get admission in a reputed college.
30th November 2016, 06:39 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. It is a four-year Bachelor's degree course in the field of Technology. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Engineering course from a Government recognised board/ institute are eligible to pursue B.Tech course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three-year Bachelor's degree course in the field of Computer Applications. Candidates who have passed 12th standard in any stream from a Government recognsied board are eligible to pursue BCA course.

If you have not qualified in JEE Main, you can appear in other engineering entrance examinations like EAMCET, KCET, etc., if you are interested to pursue engineering course. I suggest you to choose the course which you have interest for pursuing your higher studies.
30th November 2016, 08:34 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Both are good but B.Tech is having an edge as compared to BCA. B.Tech give you more options to join any company after completing graduation as compared to BCA.Also can apply for most of the government companies and defense like the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. So I suggest you to opt for the B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?