25th November 2015, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

How can I join CBI through SSC exam after completing graduation in Journalism?

I am in ISc first year, I want to complete my graduation in journalism, and can I appear in SSC exam after my completing my graduation? Please answer my question.
Yours faithfully

25th November 2015, 06:55 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join CBI through SSC exam after completing graduation in Journalism?

SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission. SSC conducts Combined Higher Secondary level exam at 10+2 level and Combined Graduate level exam at bachelor's degree level.

At 10+2 level, you can appear for the SSC CHSL exam, minimum age limit is 18 years. Yes, you can appear for the SSC CGL exam after completion of bachelor's degree in Journalism.

For Sub Inspector post in CBI, the age limit is 20-30 years for candidates of general category and upper age relaxation applicable to reserved category.
25th November 2015, 01:01 PM
ant man

Default Re: How can I join CBI through SSC exam after completing graduation in Journalism?

CBI stands for Central bureau of investigation. Yes you can join CBI through SSC exam

You must write SSC exam to become a CBI officer. SSC exam is conducted every year by the central government.

Eligibility for SSC :
1. You must have completed degree in any stream from a recognised university.
2. The minimum age limit is 18 years.
3. The maximum age limit is 27 years.

You can get more details and application on the website >>www.upsc.gov.in
25th November 2015, 01:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in ISc first year, I want to complete my graduation in journalism, and can I appear in SSC exam after my completing my graduation? Please answer my question.
Yours faithfully
You will be able to become a CBI officer after qualifying the below given stages. And, eligibility and other details has to be written before this portion.

1)SSC CGL Tier I

2)SSC CGL Tier II

3)Medical test

4)Physical test

5)Personal interview

Eligibility criteria for CBI exam:-

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Age criteria:-

Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.
25th November 2015, 06:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Being a graduate you can apply for SSC CGLE for getting job in CBI. Any stream graduates can apply for this examination. You can get job of Group B or C level through this exam in CBI.

The jobs mentioned in this exams for CBI are of office desk job. If you are looking for some other kind of job in CBI then CGLE is not for you.
25th November 2015, 06:31 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Yes, you are definitely eligible for SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGLE) Examination which is conducted annually by Staff Selection Commission for various posts including CBI Officer.

# Followings are the required educational qualification:

* 10+2+3 system of education in any discipline from recognised university.
* Candidate studying in final year or awaiting the result are also allowed to apply.

# Followings are the required age limit:

* 18-27 years for open category or general category.
* 18-30 years for OBC category.
* 18-32 years for SC and ST category.
* 18-37 years for Person with Disability.

# The examination process of SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGLE) Examination includes:

* Objective Type Written Test (Tier-I)
* Objective Type Written Test (Tier-II)
* Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) OR Interview

# Followings is the general syllabus for Objective Type Written Test (Tier-I):

* General Studies (50 questions carrying 50 marks)
* General English (50 questions carrying 50 marks)
* Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions carrying 50 marks)
* Reasoning Ability (50 questions carrying 50 marks)

# Followings are the helpful books in the preparation of SSC Examinations:

* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Lucent's General Studies
* Arihant's General Studies
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal

# For further information, candidate should refer the official website of Staff Selection Commission i.e. http://ssc.nic.in
25th November 2015, 06:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Central Bureau of Investigation department through Staff Selection Commission Examination. You may get in to CBI department through SSC Examination. For this, you will have to appear in Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) in order to join CBI through SSC Recruitment Examination. The basic minimum educational qualification required in order to be eligible for appearing in SSC CGL Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since Graduation in Journalism is also a Graduate degree it is equivalent to required degree to appear in SSC CGL Examination. Remember, you are required to give officer posts and then assistant posts preferences in Central Bureau of Investigation while you fill up the SSC CGL Application Form in order to join CBI I department through SSC Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?