8th January 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

How to do LLB course from IGNOU Kolkata Centre?

I am Mr. Pradip Kumar Bera, both graduation and post graduation completed 37 years old. 44% in graduation & 67% in PG in maths. Now I want to do LLB course from IGNOU in Kolkata centre. Please tell me how to do that.

8th January 2018, 03:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do LLB course from IGNOU Kolkata Centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Mr. Pradip Kumar Bera, both graduation and post graduation completed 37 years old. 44% in graduation & 67% in PG in maths. Now I want to do LLB course from IGNOU in Kolkata centre. Please tell me how to do that.

Sorry, it is not possible to do LLB course from the IGNOU Kolkata Centre. IGNOU does not offer LLB course. IGNOU School of Law offers various Certificate, Diploma, PG and Advance Certificate, PG and Advanced Diploma and PhD in Law courses. Hence, it is not possible to study the LLB course through IGNOU. Candidates can study the LLB course in various law colleges/universities in regular (full time) or part time mode. IGNOU Kolkata Regional Centre website link is given Click Here
8th January 2018, 09:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed post graduation, so you are eligible to apply for 3 years LLB course. There is no age limit for the course, so you can apply at the age of 37 years. But, IGNOU is not recognized by BAR Council of India, so you won't be able to practice as a lawyer in court. You also have to appear for law entrance examinations to get admission for LLB. You can contact the branch of IGNOU and get rest of the details from them.

Address: Bikash Bhavan, 4th Floor, North Block, Bidhan Nagar ( Salt Lake City), Kolkata, West Bengal 700091,Phone: 033 2334 9850
web: http://www.ignoukolkatarc.com/
8th January 2018, 10:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to do LLB course from IGNOU

Eligibility criteria to do LLB course in IGNOU:-

You must have done any graduation course like BA or BSc from any recognised institution.

There is no age bar to join IGNOU

You must have secured 50% marks in UG course.

Admission into IGNOU will be purely based on entrance examination conducted by IGNOU.

Top distance education colleges that offer LLB course other than IGNOU are:-

Ambedkar Open University
Bharati Vidyapeeth
Berhampur University
Global Open University
Kakatiya University
Karnataka State Open University
Kurukshetra University
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
Uttaranchal Open University
Kuvempu university
Sri Krishnadevaraya University.
8th January 2018, 10:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have completed your Post Graduation with 67% of marks, you can apply for the LLB course on the basis of Post graduation marks.
But, I will strongly recommend you not to pursue LLB course form IGNOU.
The degree of the LLB course which is issued by IGNOU is not recognized by the Bar Council of India. it simply means that none of the court across the country will allow you for practice. So, according to my opinion, there is no sense to opt LLB course from IGNOU.
9th January 2018, 07:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to apply for entrance exam conducted by IGNOU for admission in LLB course. You just need to perform well in the entrance exam, to get admission.

You will be allotted study center according to your application form. Distance mode law courses are not approved by Bar Council, hence take your decision carefully.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?