9th August 2018, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

How many BE(Marine Engineering) seats are available in Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata?

Respected Sir, I am looking forward to apply for BE(Marine Engineering) course in Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata. I just want to know that how many seats are available for this BE(Marine Engineering) course in this college? If you know then please let me know also. Thank you!

10th August 2018, 11:33 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many BE(Marine Engineering) seats are available in Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am looking forward to apply for BE(Marine Engineering) course in Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata. I just want to know that how many seats are available for this BE(Marine Engineering) course in this college? If you know then please let me know also. Thank you!

There are 246 BTech Marine Engineering seats available in Indian Maritime University, Kolkata Campus. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or HSC or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects with at least 60% marks are eligible to study BTech Marine Engineering in Indian Maritime University. Admission to the course is done on the basis of IMU - Common Entrance Test (CET). Indian Maritime University, Kolkata Campus website link is given Click Here
10th August 2018, 05:14 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many BE(Marine Engineering) seats are available in Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata?

MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute) is one of the top institution in Kolkata offering graduation in Marine engineering course.

The basic eligibility required for studying B.Tech in Marine engineering course is a 10+2 in science stream with minimum 60% from any recognised board.

The admissions are given based on the performance in the entrance exam named IMU CET.

The seats are different for each course. For B.Tech Marine Engineering course the seats will be around 80.

For more details you can visit the official website of MERI.
11th August 2018, 12:01 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Marine engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata is oldest Marine Engineering college in India.
Earlier, it only offers B.Tech in Marine Engineering but now it also offers M.Tech and MBA in Maritime Engineering and Management.

For admission in B.Tech course, students must qualify CET(Common Entrance Test) conducted by IMU(Indian Maritime University) in month of May.
Eligibility to appear in CET for B.Tech in Marine Engineering is that students must have completed higher secondary from any recognised board with more than 60% marks in PCM(Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

There are only 286 seats in B.Tech in Marine engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?