26th September 2016, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

How much time will be required to do B.Sc nursing?

Hi I'm in United States right now, but I did 3 years of GNM in India and couldn't do 6 months internship due to time limit. So, I'm planning to come back in near future and I want to do post BSc Nursing after I get my GNM certificate. How long do you think I can finish the course? Any information will be appreciated.

26th September 2016, 04:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much time will be required to do B.Sc nursing?

According to the Nursing Council of India, the B.Sc nursing course is a four years/ 8th semester program.

The first year consists of 7 subject paper with English paper.

2nd year can constitute of 3 papers along with a language paper.

In the 3rd year and final year have 5 years each.

Along with the theory they have nursing practices which also comes under evaluation.
26th September 2016, 05:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

According to the Nursing Council of India, the B.Sc Nursing course is a 4 years / 8 semester program.

The first year consists of 7 subject paper with English paper.

2nd year constitute of 3 paper along with a language paper.

In the 3rd year and final year have 5 years each. Along with theory they have Nursing practices which also comes under evaluation.
26th September 2016, 07:18 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc nursing course provide basic knowledge about nursing, first-aid and midwifery. The candidates are trained in all the theoretical as well as practical aspects of nursing.

It will take a time duration of 3 to 4 years to complete B.Sc.(Nursing).

The minimum academic qualification required for admission in B.Sc.(Nursing) programme is 10+2 with Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
26th September 2016, 09:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are looking for post B.Sc nursing, then it will be of 2 years duration in regular mode. If you want to pursue in distance mode, then it will be of 3 years duration.

On the basis of GNM course, you can get admission in post B.Sc nursing through entrance exam.
27th September 2016, 12:20 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The time duration of the above mentioned course of B.Sc in Nursing is of 4 years.
There are basically two main Bachelor programs in Nursing available in India:-
Basic B.Sc which is of 4 years.
Post basic B.Sc which is of 2-3 years.
27th September 2016, 12:50 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I'm in United States right now, but I did 3 years of GNM in India and couldn't do 6 months internship due to time limit. So, I'm planning to come back in near future and I want to do post BSc Nursing after I get my GNM certificate. How long do you think I can finish the course? Any information will be appreciated.
Normally, the duration of the B.Sc in Nursing is minimum Four years and Maximum five, based upon the college. Those who are interested to pursue B.Sc in Nursing course, must complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a main subject from a recognized board. The candidate must score at least 50% of marks in 12th board examination.
16th May 2021, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

Can bsc nursing course can only be completed after gnm diploma
18th September 2021, 09:40 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have 12th with chemistry,physics,biology and english are eligible for B.Sc nursing.

Age limit- 35 years

Duration for this course is 4 years
21st September 2021, 05:58 PM
Minal F

Maximum time will be required to do B.Sc nursing is 4 years. For B.Sc nursing candidates must have physics,chemistry and biology subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?