25th June 2017, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to give CLAT for getting admission in LLB colleges?

Good afternoon Sir, my question is that I have cleared my B.Com and I want to do LLB course, if it necessary to give CLAT or not. Can I apply directly to LLB colleges?

25th June 2017, 09:41 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to give CLAT for getting admission in LLB colleges?

No, you are not eligible to apply for LLB course directly. You must appear for law entrance examination or CLAT. As you are a B.Com graduate, so you can get admission into 3 years LLB course. You should have completed your graduation with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college/university. There is no age limit to apply for LLB course. So, with this eligibility you can appear for CLAT examination and qualify with good marks in order to get admission for LLB course.
25th June 2017, 09:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission only in National Law universities, through CLAT. There are total 14 law universities in India, which give admission through CLAT.

For other universities, you need to apply for entrance exam of their respective university. Hence, if you want admission in top universities, then CLAT is the best option.
26th June 2017, 12:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good afternoon Sir, my question is that I have cleared my B.Com and I want to do LLB course, if it necessary to give CLAT or not. Can I apply directly to LLB colleges?
To get admission in LLB course, CLAT exam is necessary for all candidates.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.
26th June 2017, 05:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There are some of the colleges that consider this CLAT score. So in order to get admission through CLAT Examination in those colleges, you are required to have concerned exam score to get admission.

On the other side, there are some other colleges that offer admission into LLB course and to get admission in those colleges, you must have such concerned recruitment examination's score.

So, you can get admission into several colleges based on the criteria.

>> Through CLAT score

>> Through concerned college's entrance test score

You can appear in particular college's recruitment examination and score good marks to get seat in LLB college.
26th June 2017, 10:04 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

No, you cannot apply for direct admission in LLB colleges, you will have to appear and clear CLAT examination in order to get admission in LLB course and study further.
27th June 2017, 04:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to appear for CLAT examination to get admission in LLB courses.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year duration course and candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

So, to get admission in course you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission. For admission in National Law universities candidates have to appear and qualify in CLAT examination.
27th June 2017, 05:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

It is not necessary to give CLAT for getting admission in LLB Colleges. Candidates can get admission to LLB course without CLAT also in some law colleges. Eligibility to study the LLB course is a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with at least 45% marks. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination conducted by the university. Duration of the course is three years. You can study the LLB course without CLAT in the following law colleges;

Government Law College, Mumbai - Official Website

Balaji Law College, Pune - Official Website

Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University - Official Website

University of Delhi – Faculty of Law - Official Website
24th June 2020, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Is clat is also given after graduation?Any age criteria to take admission in law colleges?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?