16th December 2015, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in graduation for B.Ed and M.A?

I have got 55% in graduation from geography honors. I want to know how many percentages required for B.Ed and MA in graduation for general category.

17th December 2015, 07:01 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in graduation for B.Ed and M.A?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

The percentage required for general and OBC candidate is 50% in bachelor's degree and for SC/ST candidates is 45%.

So, you can apply for B.Ed course after having 55% marks in geography Honors.

The percentage for admission in Master of Arts is passing percentage in bachelor's degree. Some university like JNU conduct entrance exam for admission.
17th December 2015, 08:52 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 55% in graduation from geography honors. I want to know how many percentages required for B.Ed and MA in graduation for general category.
The minimum marks required for B.Ed and MA varies from college to college. A minimum of 50% marks is required to participate in the B.Ed and MA admission process. Reserved category students required to have 45% marks only. Admission is solely based on the marks obtained in qualifying examination. To get admission in top institutes you should have good marks in the Admission and Graduation level. You should have obtained this qualification from any recognized institute as well. Since, you have scored 55% of marks at Graduation level so you are definitely eligible for both the B.Ed and MA degree course.

B.Ed Colleges in India:

ACME INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT &
TECHNOLOGY, Iind floor Rashmi palace,
sultanganj , xing kamla nagar byepadd agra

HAJI ISMAIL DEGREE COLLEGE,
SADULLAH NAGAR, , ,
BALRAMPUR-271307

Y. M. S. DEGREE COLLEGE, BACHRAON
ROAD, J. P. NAGAR, , MANDI
DHANAURA-244231

BHARTI MAHILA MAHAVIDYALAYA,
BHARTI NAGAR,, JAFRABAD ROAD,, ,
JAUNPUR-222002
23-Dec-2003 B. ED.
1104 APN00445

BABU BANARSI DAS COLLEGE OF
HIGHER EDUCATION, DR. AKHILESH
DAS NAGAR, FAIZABAD ROAD, ,
LUCKNOW-
17th December 2015, 11:00 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation in relevant subjects.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Course duration is 2 years.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university with relevant subjects.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Course duration is 2 years.
17th December 2015, 04:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For general category 50% marks in graduation is the required marks for admission in B.Ed and MA course according to the eligibility criteria of most universities.

Hence, just apply for admission when there is a notification by the concerned university. Admission will be on merit based on the performance in the entrance exam.
17th December 2015, 05:44 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue B.Ed you must have scored a minimum of 55% in your graduation and in order to pursue M.A. you probably need to have score a minimum of 60% in your graduation.
17th December 2015, 06:15 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage of marks required to pursue B.Ed course is 50% marks in graduation course. The candidate has to obtained a graduation degree from a recognized university to apply for B.Ed course.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to purse M.A is that the candidate must have passed graduation with atleast 40% marks in the respective stream from a recognized university.

As you have passed your graduation with 55% marks, you are eligible to apply fro B.Ed and also you can also apply for M.A. course.
17th December 2015, 09:30 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. This is a teacher training course of two years duration.

For B.Ed course, a candidate must done bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in graduation. For SC/ST candidates, there is 5% relaxation of marks.

You can apply for this course with 55% marks in graduation in Geography. For Master of Arts, you can apply for this course even with passing marks in bachelor's degree. With 55% marks, you are eligible for this course also.
17th December 2015, 09:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have got 55% marks in graduation degree so you are eligible for B.Ed entrance exam.

Bachelor's Degree in any subject with atleast 50% marks at graduate level or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

Your age should be above 21 years.
18th December 2015, 12:02 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The eligibility to study M.A is a graduation with 50% marks from the recognized university. In some reputed colleges there will be an entrance test for the admission. The course duration is 2 years.

The eligibility to study B.Ed is graduation with 50% marks. The candidate has to appear for an entrance test for the admission. The duration of the course is 1 year. After the course you can pursue your career in teaching line.
20th December 2015, 07:06 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed:-

Candidates must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation.
There is 5% relaxation of marks for OBC candidates and 10% relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Eligibility criteria for MA:-

Candidates must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation.
1st May 2016, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have got 62%marks in graduation can i apply LLB whereas i have along political subject from 5year i.e 11th to 15th
18th July 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have passed my b.a in 2004. And have 43% did i am eligible to do b.ed please reply me.
Thanks
26th September 2019, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am 54 year old ex-serviceman (Army JCO) . I have done graduation from GNDU with 40% marks. No I desire to do MA private. Am I eligible or not? Thanking you
20th August 2020, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have 43% in graduation i am not eligible b.ed but post graducation degree in 50 % so plz reply that i am eligible b.ed addmition with 50% mRks
23rd December 2020, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have 43% in graduation i am not eligible b.ed but post graducation degree in 50 % so plz reply that i am eligible b.ed addmition with 50% mRks
28th August 2021, 03:12 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 50 to 55%marks from a recognized university.

For MA with minimum 50%marks.
31st August 2021, 11:53 PM
Alvia Khan

B.ed means Bachelor of Education.
Duration of the course 2 years

Both Candidates graduation or post graduation degree in revelant field are eligible for B.ed programme.

For graduation degree with minimum 50 to 55%marks required.

For post graduation degree 55%marks required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?