24th September 2016, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Which phase of NEET is considered for MBBS admission?

I have appeared for both phases of NEET exams but qualified in phase 1 and not qualified in phase 2. Which result would be taken for my selection of MBBS?

Related Questions:
24th September 2016, 11:17 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which phase of NEET is considered for MBBS admission?

If you have appeared in both phase of NEET entrance examination conducted by CBSE in 2016.

Then your score in Phase 2 will be considered for admission in medical course. As candidates who have appeared in Phase 1 can appear for Phase 2 only if they will not claim on marks scored in Phase 1.
25th September 2016, 12:26 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test which is national level medical entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate medical colleges in all government and private medical colleges of India.

This year NEET was held twice, once on the 1st May 2016 and once on 24th July 2016.

As per the notification of NEET, the student was allowed to appear in the NEET Phase II if he/she quits his/her candidature in NEET I i.e; marks or rank of NEET Phase I will not be considered even it is greater than that secured in NEET Phase II.

So as you have mentioned that you have appeared in both the phases of NEET 2016 which means you have quitted your candidature in NEET Phase I and hence your rank should be based on the NEET Phase II and which is to be considered for your admission procedure.

For further details regarding the selection and counselling procedure on the basis of NEET score you can refer to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
25th September 2016, 12:57 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
It is conducted by CBSE as replacement of AIPMT(All India Pre Medical Test) and most of individual medical entrance examination of state government and private universities.

NEET is conducted in two phases.
As order of Supreme court, only those students can appear in NEET II who have either not registered for NEET I or registered but not appeared or have not prepared well subject to submission of an undertaking to give candidature of NEET I.
NEET I and NEET II both is considered to for admission in MBBS course but only one score card can be used for admission.If any student has appeared in NEET I and NEET II then performance in NEET II is considered for admission.

As mentioned, you have passed in NEET I and also appeared for NEET II which means you have gave up candidature of NEET I but not scored pass marks in it.
So, you will not be able to participate in counseling for admission in undergraduate medical courses on basis of NEET score.
25th September 2016, 05:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The candidates who have appeared in 1st phase of the AIPMT ( NEET ) are eligible to appear for next phase of examination only after giving up his marks in 1st phase.

So, your marks and rank will be considered as per 2nd stage result.

For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?