27th April 2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BCA for 12th Humanities candidate?

Hello everyone,
My daughter passed 12th in Humanities.
She want to do BCA now.
Is she eligible for doing BCA now?
Please let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study Psychology Honours in Graduation at DU for 12th Humanities without Psychology candidate?
  2. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  3. Should I study Humanities in 11th standard to become a Corporate Lawyer? What are the subjects available to study in 11th Humanities?
  4. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 58.2% in 12th Science? List of colleges in Delhi?
  5. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?
  6. Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities passed candidate?
  7. Procedure to study Mass Media in Graduation for 12th Humanities candidate?
  8. Possibility to study M.Sc(Mathematics) for BCA student?
  9. Which is better to study among BBA and BCA for a candidate who has secured 74% in 12th Commerce?
  10. How should I join BCA after passing Humanities?
  11. List of Diploma courses available to study for 12th Humanities student?
  12. Humanities student can get Computer Application as a subject in Xavier's college?
  13. Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities student?
  14. BBA or BCA after 12th standard with Arts stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Possibility to study MBBS in China for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th standard? Procedure of admission?
  16. Possibility to study 5 years ICAI program for 12th candidate?
  17. Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?
  18. List of ISC affiliated Girl's Boarding schools which offer admission in 12th Humanities in Maharashtra for 11th ISC candidate?
29th April 2015, 08:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BCA for 12th Humanities candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
My daughter passed 12th in Humanities.
She want to do BCA now.
Is she eligible for doing BCA now?
Please let me know immediately.
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
30th April 2015, 07:54 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

BCA stands for Bachelor in computer application which is a three year undergraduate program.
In this course,students are exposed to various areas of computer application including the latest development in industries.
BCA graduates are in high demand in companies as expert professional who solve problems produced by interface between business and technology.

Generally, BCA graduates with Master's in Computer Application (MCA) are more preferred instead of only Bachelor's degree holder.

Eligibility criteria for admission in BCA are
-Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary examination in any disciple with minimum of 50% marks.
-Candidate appearing final of Higher Secondary Examination are also eligible.
-Some colleges/University need minimum 17 years of age while in other ,no age criteria is involved.

Clearly, you are eligible for admission in BCA after 12th with Humanities.
Generally ,students having mathematics as one of subject in 12th are more preferred.
30th April 2015, 09:22 PM
s m samy
Member+

Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is an undergraduate course for the 12th pass students in any stream , you are surely eligible for this course . this course is mainly to build the career in information technology
BCA is a new age degree course in the field of computer applications,the duration of this course i s normally three years.you can opt for the masters and also you can go for the jobs.

you can start your career in either government sector or private sector since there are lot of employment opportunities in both these sectors.
the main aim of the program is to develop ability to interact with real-life situations and to build systems .
after completing this course you can take positions in project management and system management in IT companies.

Eligibility

You should have +2 examination or equivalent (diploma degree) with minimum 50% of marks
7th May 2015, 10:32 PM
amanshrivastava98

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.
2nd August 2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I am 17 year old and i am in class 12 (humanities without maths but i have studied java ,mysql ) and i want to pursue bca or any other course in computer field can you name any?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?