1st March 2018, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Computer Science in Graduation for 12th Commerce student?

Hello, I am from Commerce background. I will give my 12th WBCHSE Board exam with Commerce stream this year. I want to study Computer Science in Graduation. I would like to know that as I am a Commerce student then I have a chance for study CS in Bachelor’s degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering for 12th Commerce student?
  2. Possibility to study BCom(Computer Applications) for 12th Commerce student?
  3. Chances to study Commerce in Graduation in India for Science student of Bangladesh?
  4. Possibility to study Computer Application in Graduation for 12th Arts student?
  5. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?
  6. Can I study BBA being a Commerce with Computer Science student?
  7. Can I study BCom(Computer Application) after completing 12th Science?
  8. Possibility to study undergraduate Computer Science course after completing the 12th with Commerce but without Mathematics?
  9. What are the possible career options for each streams? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Possibility to study B.Sc in any stream after 12th (Commerce) with Computer and Mathematics? Which stream should I choose?
  11. Can i opt commerce side after completing 12th in Science stream?
  12. Possibility to study BSc(Nursing) for 12th Computer Science student?
  13. Commerce student who have studied Computer Science can do B.Sc in Computer Science?
  14. How to do graduation after completion of 12th board? I am a science stream computer science student
  15. Possibility to study M.Sc in Computer Science from SMU being a B.A holder who haven't studied Mathematics in 12th?
  16. Possibility to study M.Tech(Computer Science) after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  17. Possibility to study BSc(Applied Mathematics) for 12th PCM student?
  18. Possibility to study MCA for BSc(Computer Applications) student? -- [New]
8th March 2018, 11:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Computer Science in Graduation for 12th Commerce student?

Sorry, to say that it is not possible to study Computer Science Graduation course after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. To be eligible to pursue Computer Science Graduation course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board. Since, you have pursued your 12th standard with Commerce stream, you are not eligible to study Computer Science Graduation course.
10th March 2018, 04:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Computer Science in Graduation for 12th Commerce student?

No, you are not eligible to study Bachelor's degree course in Computer Science after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board or three years Diploma in Computer Science Engineering course from a Government recognised institute are eligible to pursue Bachelor's degree course in Computer Science. So, being a 12th standard Commerce stream, you are not eligible to pursue Bachelor's degree course in Computer Science.
10th March 2018, 05:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am from Commerce background. I will give my 12th WBCHSE Board exam with Commerce stream this year. I want to study Computer Science in Graduation. I would like to know that as I am a Commerce student then I have a chance for study CS in Bachelor’s degree?

It is possible to study Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) or BSc Computer Science in some colleges after completion 12th with commerce subjects. Some colleges admit students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations in any stream for BCA or BSc Computer Science. Some of the colleges which allow commerce students to study computer science graduation are given below:

Chandigarh University - Official Website

Navgurjarat College of Computer Applications - Official Website

Shree Damodar College of Commerce & Economics - Official Website

Amity University - Official Website

Lovely Professional University - Official Website
14th March 2018, 03:11 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes you can do BCA after completing your 12th in commerce stream there are some colleges which requires only 12th pass

Sikkim manipal university
IGNOU
Amity university
LPU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?