25th February 2016, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA being an Arts with Computer Application student?

Hi,
I have given Higher Secondary exams this year in Arts stream under the West Bengal Board Of Higher Secondary Education. I have Computer Application in my subjects list. Can I do BCA course after this?

26th February 2016, 07:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA being an Arts with Computer Application student?

There are some universities like IGNOU which offer admission in BCA for arts stream candidates. Just apply for admission when open through offline or online method according to your convenience.

Most of the reputed universities ask for maths at class 12th level for BCA admission. Hence, you will have limited choices for admission.
26th February 2016, 10:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have given Higher Secondary exams this year in Arts stream under the West Bengal Board Of Higher Secondary Education. I have Computer Application in my subjects list. Can I do BCA course after this?
You have competed 12th standard with Computer Application subject so you are eligible for BCA course.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics or Computer Application as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
27th February 2016, 09:27 PM
OnePlus

BCA is a computer application course. This course has 3 years duration. Mainly most of the reputed universities ask for mathematics. A candidate should complete their 12th with science stream along with maths.

But you can get admission in open universities for pursuing BCA like IGNOU. If you will get admission in BCA then you might face a problem because you need to face little mathematics while doing BCA. If you work hard then you will get success.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?