31st March 2016, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study MA in Psychology after completing BCA course?

I have opted for bca in graduation. But i am having keen interest in psychology and want to make career in it. So i want to know that whether i can study MA psychology after BCA completion or not?

31st March 2016, 01:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study MA in Psychology after completing BCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have opted for bca in graduation. But i am having keen interest in psychology and want to make career in it. So i want to know that whether i can study MA psychology after BCA completion or not?
After completion of BCA course, you can't do M.A in Psychology course.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in Psychology from a recognized university are eligible for M.A degree in Psychology course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
31st March 2016, 04:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study MA in Psychology after completing BCA course?

The candidate who is interested to pursue MA in psychology must have done graduation in psychology field. You have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the University where you want to pursue MA in psychology course. Minimum percentage in graduation should not be less than 50% and 45% for reserved categories.
31st March 2016, 04:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't opt for a different field if you have completed BCA degree. For masters degree in any field you need to have a bachelor degree in a related field.

On the basis of BCA you can apply for admission only in MCA or any other course which ask for any stream graduates.
31st March 2016, 05:28 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that it is not possible to study MA in psychology after having completed your graduation in BCA. You should have however opted for BA in Psychology in order to be eligible to pursue the above mentioned course.
31st March 2016, 10:13 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
MA Psychology is a post graduate course of 2 years duration consisting of 4 semesters. This course is all about study of mind process, feelings, nature of human mind and behavior and has a systematic approach towards understanding people.

The eligibility needed for pursuing this course are:

# Candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university and should have got at least 50% aggregate.

If you possess this qualification you can apply for the MA course. Having completed BCA you can surely apply for the course.

The top colleges which you can prefer for pursuing MA in India:
  • Amity Institute of Psychology and allied Sciences, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
  • Government College of Educational Psychology and Guidance, Jabalpur
  • University of Delhi, Delhi
  • Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, Uttar Pradesh
  • University of Madras
  • University of Calcutta
  • Banaras Hindu University
  • Lady Shri Ram College for Women
  • S.N.D.T Women’s University, Mumbai
  • Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Arts, Commerce & Science College
31st March 2016, 11:01 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot opt for MA in Psychology. This is because you need to be a graduate in psychology or related fields to be eligible for post graduation in Psychology. The basic eligibility for MA in Psychology is graduation in Psychology or related fields and since BCA is not related to psychology so you are ineligible.
1st April 2016, 12:23 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you can study the M.A in Psychology course after completing BCA. The eligibility to study the M.A in Psychology is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There will be an entrance examination for the admission in some colleges. The duration of the course is two years. The course is available in many colleges or universities like;
1st April 2016, 08:34 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that after the completion of BCA, you cannot opt for MA in Psychology course.
To take admission in MA in Psychology, the candidates must have completed BA in Psychology with at least 50% of marks from a recognized University.
The age of the candidate must be above 18 years.
So, you should apply for MCA after completing BCA.
4th June 2017, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Recently I have completed b.c.a. degree. And I am interested to be psycho field.
so should I do ?
2nd September 2017, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

What is the scope after doing ma psychology from ignou but i have got less than 55% marks?
8th September 2017, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

My question is that I passed BCA in first class.I want master degree in M.A. Is it possible ?

Mr.Tushar. R. Prajapati. Nootan college Visanagar
14th September 2017, 03:58 PM
sapphire1

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for MA psychology after BCA. It is necessary to have psychology subject in graduation with 50% marks. After that, you will be able to apply for the course.

AS you have done BCA then there is an option you can apply for MCA course. It would be beneficial for your career. MCA is 2 years master degree course. So, after MCA you can apply for the job in many companies. In today's life all offices and companies work with computers and for this, they need computer experts. So, there you can apply for the job.

In many companies, you will get a good job and good salary. It is best for your future.
15th September 2017, 08:13 PM
Sandhyab287

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to study MA in Psychology after completing BCA course?

Sorry, you are not eligible for MA in Phychology. Only those candidates are eligible which are having graduation BA in psychology.

As you had done BCA it os a graduation course so you can go for MCA is callea master degree course .

Regards,
Sandhya
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?