20th June 2017, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a fashion designer after 10th?

I want to become a fashion designer, but how? My 10th is complete and I done the (sewing technology) 1 year of course in Mulund (ITI) college. But I’m confused what to do now. How can I do fashion designing?

20th June 2017, 10:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a fashion designer after 10th?

You can do many Diploma and Certificate courses after 10th in Fashion Designing.

Some of the courses you can do are:-

Certificate courses in Fashion Designing and Garment Construction.

Diploma in Fashion Designing and Merchandising

Diploma in Fashion Designing and Clothing Technology etc.

It will be good if you study 12th first and then do a graduate course in fashion designing.

Some of the courses you can opt are Bachelor of Fashion Design, BFAD, BFT etc.

Some of these courses are offered through entrance exam CEED, NIFT etc.
21st June 2017, 04:07 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

You should complete your 12th grade first and then after completion of your 12th standard from a recognized board, you can get admission in fashion designing course from a recognized university.

You can get admission in B.Sc in Fashion Designing course to attain your dreams. You need not be confused regarding anything, just follow the steps I have mentioned and I am sure you will get admission in the course and will do well in future.
21st June 2017, 03:39 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Those candidates who want to become a fashion designer must have completed his/her 10+2 from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and in English and have to prepare for the entrance exam (NID,NIFT,PAF) right after completion of class 12 in order to get admission in one of the leading and renowned colleges/institutes/university of India.
22nd June 2017, 01:42 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that your not eligible for fashion designing course now, as because the minimum qualification required for undergraduate course in fashion designing course is 10+2.
Eligibility for Undergraduate course in fashion designing:
>A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.

Followings are some best institution for fashion designing:
>National Institute of Fashion Technology
>National Institute of Design
>Satyam Fashion Institute
>Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology
22nd June 2017, 03:05 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very good that you want to become a Fashion Designer in future. To do so, you must have to complete your class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board. Then apply for Bachelors degree course in Fashion Designing. After successfully completing the said course, you can become a fashion Designer.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board can apply for Bachelors degree in Fashion Designing.
28th June 2017, 02:40 PM
yamram

Hi
The general eligibility criteria to pursue Fashion Designing after 10th standard is that you should have Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10th.
You can enroll yourself into different diploma's program after 10th like Diploma in Fashion Design which is total of 3 years or you can also opt for dual degree Diploma in Fashion Design- B.Design( Fashion) which is total of 6 years.
After your diploma program you can enroll yourself into lateral entry B.Sc(Fashion Design) which will be of 2 years or you can also opt for B.Design (Fashion) which will be of 3 years after your diploma program.
Therefore I would like to mention that there are few known private institutions like Pearl Academy, Lovely Professional University,Symbiosis Institute of Design that offers top class learning environment to the students with extensive placement opportunities. These universities also offer various skill development programs, professional enhancement training and outstanding exposure to its students.
23rd April 2018, 06:01 PM
iamssuhana

You can do diploma in Fashion Designing. Duration of the course varies from 1 year to 3 years.
Eligibility for the diploma is ,10th Pass with minimum 50%.

Institute gives direct admission in the programme, where as a few conduct entrance test for it.

I am going to list out a few institutes :
National Institute of Design
International School of Design
JD Institute of Fashion Technology
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Lovely professional University
Indian Institute of Fashion Technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?