16th February 2017, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

How to become a fashion designer, being from a small town?

I am interested in fashion designing very much and I want to do that, but I am belongs from a small town and there is no fashion designing course but I want to do. So, please help me what can I do?

16th February 2017, 07:18 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: How to become a fashion designer, being from a small town?

Fashion designing is a very expensive course and it needs a lot of creative idea,enthusiasm and patience. You have to be very creative and firm because to get a job in a good company is little challenging. Before you start you have to make up your mind of entering into a new world full of competitors and challenges.

I am listing you top fashion designing colleges in India.
>National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
>Pearl Academy of Fashion
>Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT)
>Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
>Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology
16th February 2017, 10:10 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join Fashion Designing courses. This course is based on your own ability and design creation, so this course doesn't check the stream of the students, but some institutions give admission to only those students who are from science stream. Commerce student can also pursue this course it will not create any hurdle for them. Fashion designing course takes a minimum 4 years to complete. The list of colleges are here under:
Sophia SBKS Polytechnic, Delhi
N I F T (New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata)
S N D T Women University, Mumbai
Apeejay Institute of Design, New Delhi
Pearl Academy of Fashion, New Delhi
Northern Institute of Fashion and Technology, Mohali
N I D, Ahmedabad
Wigan & Leigh College, New Delhi.
if there is no colleges which offer fashion designing course then you have to move out from there and can take admission in any of the above reputed college.
16th February 2017, 11:18 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

To become fashion designers:
You must need to pass 10 + 2 from recognised board.
Then you need to qualify entrance exam such as:

- Rai University entrance exam
-The school of Fashion Technology entrance exam
-Vidya Institute entrance exam
etc.

Best courses to become fashion designer:

-B.Sc in fashion designing
- B.A Fashion Technology
-B.A fashion designing and Technology
-B.des( textile designing)
etc.

List of Institutes offering fashion designing course:

-National institute of fashion designing
-Indian institute of fashion designing
-Pearl Academy fashion designing
-Global Institute of Fashion Technology
etc.
17th February 2017, 12:52 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Fashion Designer, you must have to complete your degree course in fashion Designing after the completion of class 12th. There are different courses in this field, you must opt bachelors degree in this field.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Bachelors degree in Fashion designing. Apply in different Colleges to get admission for the above mentioned course.
17th February 2017, 12:25 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in fashion designing very much and I want to do that, but I am belongs from a small town and there is no fashion designing course but I want to do. So, please help me what can I do?

You can study the fashion designing course available in your town or nearby areas. There are various courses available in the fashion designing field. You should have good drawing skills and creativity to become a fashion designer. The fashion designing course will be useful for you to improve your skills. The basic eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 in any stream. The course duration will vary, for diploma courses it will be less and for graduation courses it will be more. You should have good communication skills, brilliant drawing skills, sewing skills and should be updated with current fashion trends to become a successful fashion designer.
17th February 2017, 06:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for entrance exam for admission in any fashion designing course. NIFT conducts entrance exam for admission in such courses. All you need is a class 12th qualification to become eligible for it.

Admission in NIFT is on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted based on the rank. Therefore, just be prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?