2nd April 2017, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a fashion designer

Hi, I am Rasika and I want become fashion designer, but I am good in maths as well as in all subject and I have general science. So, please tell me what can I do.

2nd April 2017, 09:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a fashion designer

You can apply for NIFT entrance exam after class 12th for admission in bachelor degree course of fashion designing field. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam.

You will be allotted college according to the rank. A better rank can help you to get admission at a top NIFT for fashion desgining course.
2nd April 2017, 10:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Procedure to become a fashion designer

To become fashion designer firstly have to complete your intermediate in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks and after that you have to pursue degree in fashion designing from a renowned fashion designing institute of our country such as National Institute of Fashion Designing in Delhi. To get admission in fashion designing degree course you have to qualify the entrance exam such as NIFT, SOFT, NIFT etc. Once you qualify your degree in fashion designing can pursue your masters degree in fashion designing. Then definitely you will have lot of job opportunities as a fashion designer.
3rd April 2017, 05:31 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Rasika and I want become fashion designer, but I am good in maths as well as in all subject and I have general science. So, please tell me what can I do.

To become a fashion designer, it is necessary to study fashion designing course. One should choose to study the course in NIFT or some other prestigious institution after completion of 10+2. The admission to the course will be done through an entrance examination. One should be creative to become a fashion designer. One should learn sewing and drawing before joining the course itself. The skills you have and your creativity will help you to become a good fashion designer after completion of the course. You can also do internship in leading fashion stylist or fashion houses after completion of the course. Participate in fashion designing related contests and communicate with different fashion forums and pages. The above given are some of the ways to become a fashion designer.
3rd April 2017, 05:52 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

First of all you have to complete intermediate standard from any well recognised board. After that you have to appear in the entrance exam like NIFT. Through this entrance exam, you will get admission in best college for pursuing degree course in fashion designing. After completion of bachelor's degree in fashion designing, you may go for master's in fashion designing. After completion of education, you have to practise with respective experts and after getting sufficient experience you may start your own business.
3rd April 2017, 06:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Steps required to become fashion designer:

- Complete your 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

- Appear in the entrance exam such as NIFT, NIFD, NID, etc

- Once you qualify the entrance exam then you will get admission in 4 year degree course.

- After completing your degree you will be eligible to become fashion designer and apply your skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?