24th October 2016, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

How to become a fashion designer after class 12th science (General)?

Hey, I am till studying in 12th science (General) and I don't want to become doctor or engineer because I likes to be a fashion designer. I am a middle class girl. I want to know how to become a fashion designer. So, please help me, I promise, I will give my 100%. Thank you.

24th October 2016, 08:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a fashion designer after class 12th science (General)?

Procedure to become a Fashion Designer after class 12 science:-

After passing 12th with any stream you can apply for Fashion Designing course.

Eligibility:-

The minimum eligibility criteria for the undergraduate course in this field is 10+2 with 50% marks. You can go for post Graduate course in Fashion Designing.

Selection process:-

Written Test

Situation Test

Interview

List of courses:-

Garment Manufacturing Technology

Media Production

Apparel Marketing

Lather and Garment Design and Technology

Textile Design and Development

Fashion Journalism

Knitwear Design and Technology.
24th October 2016, 09:45 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become a fashion designer after class 12th science (General)?

It is nice to see that you want to go different than the mainstream view of the society.

First of all be sure that you want to pursue Fashion Designing as a career and not mere a hobby.

For that you need to have a good sense of Fashion as well as good designing skills.

Once you are sure of the above things :
After the 12th standard, you need to do a degree in the Fashion Technology, which is given by NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) and some other institutes as well.

There are some diploma courses as well which give a certificate in the Fashion Designing as a discipline.

You can pursue them as per your choice.
24th October 2016, 09:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For fashion desgining, you have to first study in a top fashion institute like NIFT. Admission for degree course is through entrance exam conducted by the same institute.
After studying degree in fashion designing, you can progress in tour field through your own creativity and skills. Any stream students are eligible for this course.
24th October 2016, 10:06 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

It is nice to see that you want to go different than the mainstream view of the society.

First of all be sure that you want to pursue Fashion Designing as a career and not mere a hobby.

For that you need to have a good sense of Fashion as well as good designing skills.

Once you are sure of the above things :
After the 12th standard, you need to do a degree in the Fashion Technology, which is given by NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) and some other institutes as well.

There are some diploma courses as well which give a certificate in the Fashion Designing as a discipline.

You can pursue them as per your choice.
24th October 2016, 11:02 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become a Fashion Designer after the completion of class 12th, you must have to appear in the NIFT entrance examination, qualifying in which you can take admission under Fashion Designing course in different Colleges offering the said course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board are eligible to appear for the entrance examination.
24th October 2016, 11:21 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after clearing your 12th science (General) you can apply for fashion designing course. You cannot become a fashion designer just after your 12th examination. At first you have to appear for an entrance examination and for that you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You must have completed your 10+2 from a recognized board.

> Age should be in between 17 years to 23 years.

With this eligibility you will be allowed to appear for the entrance examination. After clearing the examination with good marks you will be called for a group discussion followed by a personal interview. Then you can take admission in different fashion designing colleges/institutes to get trained properly and learn the responsibilities, job roles and the duties of a fashion designer. Hence, after successful completion of the course you can become a fashion designer.

You can appear for the NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) entrance examination which is considered to be the best and popular examination for fashion designing courses.
25th October 2016, 06:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will have to get admission in NIFT institute in order to follow your dream by appearing in the entrance examination conducted by the institute. You should have completed your 12th board examination from a recognized Institute.

You can get admission in the Institute mentioned above and can carry on with your studies further.
26th October 2016, 02:49 PM
princekainth2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, I am till studying in 12th science (General) and I don't want to become doctor or engineer because I like to be a fashion designer. I am a middle-class girl. I want to know how to become a fashion designer. So, please help me, I promise, I will give my 100%. Thank you.
You can apply for Fashion design course after 12th class

Eligibility:-
You should have 50% marks in 10+2

You will be conducted with following tests

Written Test
Situation Test
Interview

Afterward, you can go for following stuff

Garment Manufacturing Technology
Media Production
Apparel Marketing
Leather and Garment Design and Technology
Textile Design and Development
Fashion Journalism
Knitwear Design and Technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?