7th April 2017, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to do deck cadet course after class 12th?

Dear Sir, I am in standard 12th commerce side and I want to join merchant navy. After 12th how can I and I want to do deck cadet course. In 10th standard while exam time I was not feeling well. So, I didn't score good percentage and now I am trying to take good percentage. Please help me with your opinion.

8th April 2017, 01:06 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do deck cadet course after class 12th?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for deck cadet course, because you are a student of commerce background. Only those candidates are eligible to apply who have completed their 12th standard with minimum 60% - 65% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects. As you are from commerce stream, so you are not eligible to apply for deck cadet course.
8th April 2017, 11:59 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to do the deck cadet course, as you are from commerce background. Those candidates who has completed his/her 10+2 from a recognized board of education with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) and must have scored a minimum of 65% in aggregate and a minimum of 60% in English subject are eligible to do this course. The candidate must not exceed 25 years of age and must have 6/6 eyesight without any visual aid and must be medically and physically fit.
8th April 2017, 12:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I am in standard 12th commerce side and I want to join merchant navy. After 12th how can I and I want to do deck cadet course. In 10th standard while exam time I was not feeling well. So, I didn't score good percentage and now I am trying to take good percentage. Please help me with your opinion.

Candidates after completion of 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with not less than 55% marks from a recognized board are eligible to apply for Deck Cadet Course. Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under standard norms. You should not have any color blindness. You should have good communication skills. Candidates will be admitted to the course through written test, group discussion and interview. The duration of the course is 12 months. The candidates should be in the age group of 17.5 years to 25 years. The course will leads to B.Sc Nautical Science. The course is available in the following colleges

Bharath Institute of Marine Services - Official Website

Beacon Ship Management - Official Website

Navigation Maritime Services - Official Website

B.P. Marine Academy - Official Website
8th April 2017, 05:53 PM
kalamrockz

First of all you should have scored a minimum of 60% in your 12th boards with science stream as it s the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for Deck Cadet course.

Now, if you want to get admission in the course you will have to contact your nearest and reputed Naval Institute and get the details about the course. You will then be asked to provide certain documents of your schooling and if you fulfill the minimum criteria, you will be allowed to sit for the examination and after clearing it, you can get admission in the course.
8th April 2017, 07:26 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

I am very sorry to say that you cannot do Deck Cadet Course after completion of your intermediate in commerce. The qualifications required for this course are :
1. Candidates must have completed their intermediate in PCM group with minimum of 55% marks from a recognized board.
2. Age of candidates must be in between 17.5 years to 25 years.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?