27th August 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in marine engineering courses?

Hello Sir, I am Hari from Trichy. My ambition is to become a marine engineer. But I would complete diploma only. So my doubt is, Am I eligible for studying marine engineering? This is my doubt and which is the best college of marine engineering and what is the procedure to join the college?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Marine engineering after completing B.E(Mech)? What's the admission procedure? List of colleges near Mumbai providing the same course?
  2. What to do to join marine engineering courses after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Any government colleges providing marine engineering courses in India?
  3. Admission procedure to study BE(Marine Engineering) in Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata? -- [New]
  4. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  5. Procedure to get admission in Marine Engineering in an Australian College?
  6. Detailed procedure to get admission to study Master's in Marine Engineering in Abroad for B.E. student?
  7. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in M.E Marine Engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical egnineering?
  8. Admission procedure of Marine Engineering after class 12th?
  9. Procedure to get admission in marine engineering in India?
  10. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure for admission in the following Marine Engineering Colleges? Date of sale of the forms?
  12. Colleges/Institutes which offer Marine Engineering? Procedure of admission and their fee structure?
  13. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  14. Admission procedure for BE in Marine Engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical?
  15. Courses for marine engineering? Colleges for marine engineering?
  16. Any government colleges providing marine engineering courses in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad?
  17. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  18. What is the procedure for joining marine engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
27th August 2017, 05:37 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in marine engineering courses?

Marine Engineering is basically approved by Government of India’s “The directorate Of Shipping”. Every Cadet of Marine engineer will be enabled or eligible to become Marine Engineers to be on Merchant Navy Ships for all over the World.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Academic Qualification - 12th pass with minimum 60% in PCM (Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics). Diploma Holder Students can also apply. They must have secured 55% marks in Marine or Electrical or Mechanical Diploma from a recognize college from AICTE.

Age Limit - must be below 25 years.

Medical ability - must be fully fit for sea services under all norms.

Eyesight requirement - 6/12 in Both Eyes, including No color blindness. They should have 6/12 in there better Eye and 6/18 in other left Eye.

Additional ability - must be having good communication skills and writing skills in English as on to travel all around.
28th August 2017, 12:23 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can get admission into diploma in Marine Engineering course. Candidates who have completed 10+2 in Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as primary subjects by scoring 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board of education, are eligible for diploma in Marin Engineering course.
In order to get admission into this course, you need to appear in entrance examinations which are conducted by different state councils and National council.
After securing good rank in entrance examination, you can take admission to pursue the above said course.
Below I have listed some names of colleges which offers diploma in Marine engineering:
>Dronacharya College of Engineering
Address: Khentawas, Farukh Nagar, Gurugram, Haryana 123506
Phone: 0124 225 3144
>Marine Engineering and Research Institute
Address: P-19, Taratala Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700088
Phone: 033 2401 4675
>S.D. College of Engineering & Technology
Address: Jansath Road, Sahawali, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh 251001
Phone: 0131 266 0080
>International Maritime Institute
Address: 13, Surajpur Kasna Road, Knowledge Park I, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310
Phone: 0120 232 6311
>Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering
Address: Jhinga, Diamond Harbour Road, P.O. Amira, South 24 Parganas, Kolkata, West Bengal 743368
Phone: 033 4008 4848
28th August 2017, 04:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to be a Marine Engineering, candidates must have to complete their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination with scoring a minimum of 60% of marks in it. Now, after the completion of class 12th with Science, candidates must have to appear in the entrance examination conducted by the State Council or National Council qualifying in which candidates can take admission in different colleges to pursue B.Tech/B.E in Marine Engineering.
Candidates can also complete Diploma in Marine Engineering on the basis of class 10th and after that can take admission in B.Tech/B.E degree of Marine Engineering through lateral entry process directly in the second year of the said course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?