20th June 2017, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join NASA after B.Tech in aerospace engineering

Sir, can I join NASA after B.Tech in aerospace engineering. What are the education qualifications needed for i.e. belongs to a family of annual income not more than 2 lacs. Which scheme will help me to achieve my dreams. Currently, I have appeared my 12th and preparing for JEE main.

Related Questions:
21st June 2017, 03:56 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to join NASA after B.Tech in aerospace engineering

There is no such scheme to opt get into NASA, you should complete your graduation in B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) and then should opt for PG and Ph.D in the field.

After that you will have to appear for an entrance test conducted by NASA which is not going to be tough though. However, you should be very well prepared for the examination, once you clear the examination you can get into NASA as a junior assistant and later on with experience you can move up the ladder to become a scientist.
21st June 2017, 05:29 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

First of all try to score good rank in JEE exam and then grab a top rated B.Tech college which offers Aerospace Engineering.
To join NASA you should have excellent academic background and a sound knowledge of space technology.
Getting job in NASA is really difficult as because there in no direct way of joining.
You should have 3-5 years of experience in the field of space technology.
So, you are advised to try for ISRO.
Prepare for GATE exam from the beginning of the B.Tech course.
GATE exam is conducted every year for the final year B.Tech students.
If you get good marks in GATE exam then you can appear in BARC interview.
ISRO, DRDO, BARC are all research organizations owned by government and they place depending on the eligibility and vacancy.
23rd June 2017, 12:07 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To join NASA the candidates have to successfully complete his/her Master's degree in aerospace engineering or post graduation from very reputed colleges/institutes/university from abroad or else from IIT or NIT in India. This job profile in NASA required very sharp minded and experienced person, so it is better to gain the experience as well as to gain the knowledge first, then you can write the examination of NASA after clearing the entrance examination you will be called for an interview, if you crack both then you will be in win win situation.
23rd June 2017, 05:55 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, being an engineer you can join the aerospace programs conducted by the NASA and ISRO.
NASA and ISRO recruit the final year appearing or Engineering Passout candidates as the officers of their aerospace programs.

You have to write the entrance examination conducted separately by them in the month of May-June every year and if you fulfill the qualification, you can join the programs.
23rd June 2017, 06:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join NASA after completion of B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering:

In order to join NASA, you are required to follow certain procedure. The detailed procedure is as follows,

>> You must have completed Graduation preferably B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized university.

>> You are required to be proficient in any one of the subjects, say Aerodynamics subject as you are from Aerospace Engineering field.

>> You may get admission in IITs by appearing in Master's degree (M.E/ M.Tech) and do some research upon the concerned subject in detail.

>> Through research paper, you may get chance to apply for recruitment's of NASA.
13th January 2021, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

which is the best college for aerospace engineering
7th July 2022, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

which is the best college for aerospace engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?