22nd August 2012, 10:06 PM
preranaparavastu93

What is the procedure to join ISRO or NASA?

I am currently studying aerospace engineering,so after my B.E. completion in aeropspace, what is the procedure to join ISRO or NASA? pls reply sir.

11th October 2012, 08:28 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join ISRO or NASA?

It is nice to see that you are interested in working for the ISRO. In past few years Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has become of the most prestigious space agencies in the world. In fact it is now considered among the top 5 in the world.

ISRO has achieved a lot in past few years. It managed to sent a record number of satellites on a single day. However the biggest achievement was the India's own lunar mission called the Chandrayan which helped NASA detect water on the moon.

Recently ISRO also successfully sent 100th satellite into space. Apart from that PM Manmohan Singh has also announced Mars Mission on the Independence Day and offered the funds for the project to the ISRO.

Surely there are exciting times to work for ISRO as apart from Mars Mission it is also working for the Chandrayan 2 as well. You are definitely eligible to work for Indian Space Research Organization after completing your Aerospace Engineering.

You will have to appear for entrance exam conducted by the ISRO to work in the space agency. The exam takes place in February or March of every year. The notification can be accessed either by official website of ISRO or through emplyoment dailies.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian citizens can apply.

2. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

3. Minimum of 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. There is some relaxation in percentage for reserve category.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

7. Final year students can only apply if they can submit their degree at the time of interview.

I would recommend that you appear for the GATE exam as well. Candidates with good GATE score are given priority.

Selection Process

>> Written Test

>> Interview
29th October 2012, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir ,
I am studying BE mechanical 3 semester.. after complition of my degree, I want to join NASA . How can I join .??? Please help me sir.... B. Tech is must or what ??? I am confusing ...,
My email : [email protected]
Thanking you sir...
8th November 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Any 2year back clear student join isro when she clear gate by cse?
3rd December 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
I have completed my MTech in Automation &Robotics in 2006 .I have worked as IT Analyst in a reputed organization.
I am very much found of becoming an astronaut .My birth is Jun1982 .
Is it possible to start my career as an astronaut? In mail chain i saw that age limit is 30 Female.
If so please can you guide me how to start ?

Thanks
HSV
28th April 2013, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

hii sir,
i am persuing the BCA from skkim manipal university .
is there any oppurtunity to join isro or nasa.
sir please guide me

thankssssssss
4th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

sir. I am b.sc micro biology in 2yar can i join tha nasa .yes to how plase sir giud me thank you
25th July 2014, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

sir good evening
i am a 12 student.i wish to contribute the skills upon me in the field of space research.but i have no idea about what to do and how to make attempt for facing examinations.pls give me and make me understood about the further steps to join isro.i am a biology science student and i have 90% mark in 10.so after 2 what i have to do,to be in my dream.which course did i join after 2
14th September 2014, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

IAM NOW 11TH STANDARD I WANT TO JOIN IN NASA PLS HELP ME MY EMAIL ID [email protected]
19th July 2016, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,

I am perusing B.Sc.(Honers.)with physics as core subject. Please suggest me how can I join ISRO or NASA ? What should I do further?
30th October 2019, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,

I have done B.Sc (Physics) passed out of 2017. Now I am working as system engineer in a well reputed company. I would like to join in ISRO and work there, is there an opportunity to work there? Could you please help me to do further required..

Kindly let me know if there is any opportunity to join. I have included my Gmail ID below..

Email- [email protected]

Thank you sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?