26th November 2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Shall I take B.Com or Creminology in graduation to be a CID Officer?

sir

after 12th commerce shall i take B.com graduation or criminology graduation to go on for a cid officer nd also can u suggest some good university which includes training for girls

17th December 2013, 05:16 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Shall I take B.Com or Creminology in graduation to be a CID Officer?

Criminal Investigation Department is a state investigative unit who resolves serious problems that has greater threat to the country or are tricky enough to fool the Police Department from getting any clue to the case.

Staff Selection Commission is responsible for the recruitment process of CID officers, which conducts Common Graduate Level exam for this very purpose.

For getting eligible you just need to pass any graduation course from a recognized university. It depends upon your personal interest and dedication towards CID to go for Criminology or Bachelor of Commerce.

Criminology is a research based subject which focuses upon the types or forms, incidence, causes as well as results of a committed crime. It is a perfect course for your aimed specialization.

After acquiring a Criminology certificate you will be having sufficient rights to proclaim yourself as a detective and you can also take up cases as a private detective.

Whereas pursuing commerce will only help you in getting a graduation and the course will not have any other usages in terms of crime resolving aspects.

You also do not need to take any other training courses if you are opting for Criminology course.

Colleges and Universities of your interest are:

→ B.H.U. or Banaras Hindu University
→ Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science
→ B.I.T.S., Pilani
→ Bundelkhand University
→ Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University
→ Department of Criminology and Forensic Science, Dr. Harisingh Gour University
→ Department of Studies in Criminology and Forensic Science, Karnataka University
→ Forensic Sciences Department, University of Madras
15th April 2015, 02:14 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Shall I take B.Com or Creminology in graduation to be a CID Officer?

The posts of CID are filled up through the Combined Graduate Examination (CGL) conducted by the SSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the SSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CGL.
4th November 2020, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

after tenth which group we has to take to become c.i.d
24th September 2021, 12:40 AM
Minal F

Yes, Candidates who have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university will become a CID Officer.

Citizenship- Indian

Age limit Minimum- 20 years and Maximum 27 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?