1st March 2018, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Should I apply for CPT if pursuing B.Com?

Hello, I am studying B.Com, having completed my 1st year. I am thinking to join ICAI. So, I am planning to give CPT entrance. But my friends are telling me to do ICAI program after Graduation. So, what I can do now? I take admission or wait for become Graduate?

9th March 2018, 08:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I apply for CPT if pursuing B.Com?

Graduates in commerce with minimum of 55% marks are directly eligible to apply for Integrated Professional Competence course which is second stage of Chartered Accountancy course.

So, it will be a good decision if you pursue this course after Bachelor of Commerce completion. You will get exemption from CPT. At present, you can concentrate on your Bachelor of commerce.
10th March 2018, 03:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying B.Com, having completed my 1st year. I am thinking to join ICAI. So, I am planning to give CPT entrance. But my friends are telling me to do ICAI program after Graduation. So, what I can do now? I take admission or wait for become Graduate?

You should complete your BCom and then join CA Intermediate / IPCC directly. Candidates who have passed BCom with not less than 55% marks can join CA Intermediate / IPCC directly without studying CPT. It is one of the best options available for the commerce students. You can concentrate on your BCom studies now and pursue CA later. It is not advisable to do CA along with BCom or any other course because CA is one of the toughest courses. It is not possible to enjoy your college days when you study CA CPT along with BCom. You can feel lots of pressure of studying BCom and CA together.
10th March 2018, 05:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is CA IPCC, then clearing CPT now will definitely be a good decision. Don't wait for your graduation to complete, if you can get CA IPCC registration now.

You are still in 1st year and have a lot of time left. Clearing CPT will be easier for you because you are a commerce student.
12th March 2018, 10:42 PM
randhirk.rk

CA or Chartered accountancy course can be pursued by a student who has just passed class 12th.

After passing class 12th , a student has to take admission in the CPT of CA course.
CPT exams are held twice each year.

After you pass CPT stage you take admission in IPCC.Graduates/Post Graduates of commerce with minimum 55% marks can directly take admission in IPCC stage and other graduates with 60% marks can take admission in IPCC stage

After passing IPCC , you have to do 3 years Articleship under a practising CA

CPT exams are held for 200 Marks and there are two sessions:
Session One :
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting--- 60 Marks
Section B: Mercantile Laws--- 40 Marks

Session Two:
Section C: General Economics ---50 Marks
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude-- 50 Marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?