22nd June 2016, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

What should I choose among B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee, Civil Engineering from IIT Madras and Bachelor of Science from IISc Banglore?

Hello,
I have appeared in JEE Advanced exam and get good score. What should I choose B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee or Civil Engineering from IIT Madras and Bachelor of Science from IISc Banglore?

23rd June 2016, 05:33 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I choose among B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee, Civil Engineering from IIT Madras and Bachelor of Science from IISc Banglore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have appeared in JEE Advanced exam and get good score. What should I choose B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee or Civil Engineering from IIT Madras and Bachelor of Science from IISc Banglore?

The aspirant can choose the subject in which he has more interest.
This is one of the simplest rules that will help you throughout your career. The IIT Roorkee, IIT Madras and IISC Bangalore are some of the best institutions in India. So you have to decide about the course.
In my opinion Civil Engineering from IIT Madras is better. The candidate should choose the subject in which he has interest in it. Best of luck for your studies.
24th June 2016, 02:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I choose among B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee, Civil Engineering from IIT Madras and Bachelor of Science from IISc Banglore?

Of all the three options which you have listed here, Civil Engineering from IIT Madras is the best career option for you if you have interest in Civil Engineering. Civil Engineering is the evergreen branch of engineering with lots of career options in private and public sector.

*After completion of B.Tech in Civil engineering from IIT Madras, you will have numerous placement opportunities or you can apply for GATE exam for job in PSUs or Indian Engineering Services exam for more better career options.
24th June 2016, 06:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

All the three streams are very good to opt as a career, but my opinion for you will be that you must opt for Civil Engineering from IIT Madras as Civil Engineering is a core branch in Engineering with lots of opportunities in the future and IIT Madras is one of the reputed Institute among the IITs.
25th June 2016, 01:56 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should opt for the course you are good at and interested in pursuing your career ahead. No course or stream is unworthy to opt for if you are interested and good at it. Therefore, you should look for your interest and opt for the course.

Look for your expertise in the field mentioned above and make a proper decision depending upon your interest and excellence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?