5th January 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose in B.Sc for MBBS? Are Biomedicals or Anthropology students eligible for pre medical entrance?

I wanted to know what all streams(BSc) should one choose if one wants to get into MBBS after BSc...can students pursuing BSc in Biomedicals or Anthropology etc. eligible to sit for pre medical entrance examinations during or after their BSc? Please reply!

17th August 2014, 12:42 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose in B.Sc for MBBS? Are Biomedicals or Anthropology students eligible for pre medical entrance?

Admission into MBBS course is based on 10+2 basis and there is no relation to what Graduation you are doing. Graduation degree will only help you in getting prepared for the MBBS entrance examination. If you have studied 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology then you will be eligible for Pre Medical Test for admission into MBBS course.

So, don't worry about your graduation subjects, if you have studied 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. There are entrance exam like NEET and other medical entrance exam like AIIMS, JIPMER and AFMC.

So, be prepared for the entrance examination and give special reference to zoology, botany and chemistry with physics. The objective type questions comes from these subjects. Biology has more weightage and you need to be very well versed in these subjects to get a good rank.

There are not many government medical colleges, so you have to get a very high rank to become eligible for admission into government medical colleges. Privates medical colleges charge a hefty tution fee which is a very big setback for many students.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
23rd August 2015, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream to choose in B.Sc for MBBS? Are Biomedicals or Anthropology students eligible for pre medical entrance?

Do anthropology graduates i.e bsc anthropology have carrier and opportunities ???
6th March 2017, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I want to study anthropology along with my MBBS. Is that possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?