13th September 2015, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Is there any provision for joining as Visiting Professor in Anthropology anywhere in world?

I did my Ph.D. in Anthropology after M Sc and M Phil in Anthropology and Sociology. I am a development practitioner in the field of Community Development for last 28 years. Is there any opportunity to join as a visiting Professor in Anthropology anywhere in the world?

15th October 2015, 04:22 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any provision for joining as Visiting Professor in Anthropology anywhere in world?

You have quite an experience. Now, every institute needs visiting professor for some of its subjects in any of the semesters. Both the semesters, odd and even sees some visiting faculties from different states(if not different countries). Now since the institute has to pay the visiting professor from its own fund, seldom are visiting professors recruited from other countries. I don't know whether you are aware that even if visiting professor is recruited from other states or districts, they are thoroughly interviewed. Now you can pay the TA for a professor coming from other state. But paying for a professor from some other country means, paying for his VISA, and airfare. Even if some professors are not recruited, they obtain the airfare for the travelling they do. That will incur huge cost of the recruiting institute. So institutes refrain from higher visiting professors from other countries. But nevertheless, you can log onto https://www.higheredjobs.com to find any such jobs are available or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?