23rd February 2015, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Which type of graduation is more appropriate for pursing higher studies in Astronomy?

What type of graduation, B.Sc or B.Tech, is more appropriate for pursuing further education in field of astronomy?
I am an average student but I am very interested in celestial bodies, galaxies,supernovas,pulsars, they just drive me crazy. Is it necessary to be a topper to become an astronomer?

28th February 2015, 05:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which type of graduation is more appropriate for pursing higher studies in Astronomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What type of graduation, B.Sc or B.Tech, is more appropriate for pursuing further education in field of astronomy?
I am an average student but I am very interested in celestial bodies, galaxies,supernovas,pulsars, they just drive me crazy. Is it necessary to be a topper to become an astronomer?
Since, you stated that you are an Average student, you can apply for B.Sc Astronomy after completing 12th standard. Once, you complete B.Sc Astronomy you can apply for M.Sc in Astronomy which offered by many reputed universities. A Bachelor’s degree in science stream with 50% of marks is required educational qualification to apply for M.Sc in Astronomy.

To get admission in top institutes one should have scored more than 50% marks in the graduation level. The admission to the course is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam and Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?