7th February 2015, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

What are the entrance exams I need to write to do post graduation in Astronomy?

I'm pursuing B.tech 4th year in Information Technology stream. Interested to do Post Graduation in Astronomy at IISc, what entrance exam must be written by me to do P.g in Astronomy at IISc?

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  2. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  3. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  4. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  5. Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?
  6. Any other exams or courses for study of Astronomy or Astrophysics apart from ISAT?
  7. How to get Masters Degree in Astronomy being a candidate having completed Post Graduation in Chemistry? Can I get Certificate for this course? Fee structure for this course?
  8. Entrance exam for Astronomy after 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  10. What to do after passing 12th to get in the field of Astronomy?
  11. What to do after 12th to get into the field of Astronomy?
  12. Are there any entrance exams to be answered to get admission to Raman Instutute? Eligibility criteria of the courses? Colleges providing Astronomy course?
  13. Institutes offering Astronomical Science course after 12th?
  14. How can I get into marine engineering?
  15. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  16. Institutes offering course related to Astronomy? Which exams to be answered?
  17. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
  18. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
29th May 2015, 09:27 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: What are the entrance exams I need to write to do post graduation in Astronomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm pursuing B.tech 4th year in Information Technology stream. Interested to do Post Graduation in Astronomy at IISc, what entrance exam must be written by me to do P.g in Astronomy at IISc?
Yes, you must appear and qualify in the written exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Science. Normally, the entrance exam notification for Master Degree in Astronomy released during the month of March/April. Since, you are interested to get admission for M.Sc Astronomy through the Indian Institute of Science, so please check the official website of Indian Institute of Science in order to get more details regarding M.Sc Astronomy.

- The eligibility criteria required for the M.Sc in Astronomy is that the student must have qualified his graduation with the subjects of Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university.

- The student must score at least 50% of marks at Graduation level.

- The student must appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Science.

Contact Information:
Address: C V Raman Ave, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
Phone: 080 2293 2004
Official website - www.iisc.ernet.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?