29th January 2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

For which UPSC exam am I eligible being graduate in Arts?

I am doing my graduation in arts stream with journalism,english and function english as my subject can u sugest upsc exam that i wil be eligible after my graduation course?

31st January 2014, 10:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which UPSC exam am I eligible being graduate in Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my graduation in arts stream with journalism,english and function english as my subject can u sugest upsc exam that i wil be eligible after my graduation course?
Hey friend,

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission

This is a Public Service Commission and this commission conducts exams which are held every year and the exams are:
  • Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (In May)
  • Civil Services (Main) Examination (In Oct/Nov)
  • Indian Forest Service Examination (In July)
  • Engineering Services Examination (In June)
  • Geologist Examination (in December)
  • Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination (In July)
  • National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (In April & September)
  • Combined Defence Services Examination (In February & August)
  • Combined Medical Services Examination (In January)
  • Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination (In November)
  • Section Officers/Stenographers (Grade-B/Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competetive Examination (In December)
  • Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination (In October)

These are the exams which are conducted by UPSC and you can apply for the exam as per the eligibility criteria framed for the exam.

As you have mentioned that you are a Graduate you could apply for certain exams which you could apply and they are:

>> Civil Service Exam
>> Combined Defence Service
>> Stenographers/Section Officer
>> Central Police Forces

Apart from the education qualification you would need to satisfy the age limits needed for the exam in order to be eligible for the exam

ALL THE BEST
1st February 2014, 05:58 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

UPSC exams are one of the toughest exams in India due to large number of applicants and less vacancies. However, it is the best path to get into government jobs which are in high demand in modern society not only because of job security but also because of less work pressure.

The most popular and important exams under UPSC being a Arts graduate are as follows:-
-Indian Forest Service Examination
-Indian Civil Service Exam
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Foreign Service

There are various other exams as well. For details, regarding the exams of 2014 under UPSC, their eligibility conditions and other details, click here.
1st February 2014, 07:53 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

After completing graduate degree you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination, CDS Examination and CAPF Examination.

Civil Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year for admission to various services like Indian Police Service, Indian Administrative Service, Income Tax, Railway Traffic, Central Excise.

Eligibility for Civil Service Examination :-

-->> The candidate must have a completed their bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification.
-->> No percentage bar required to apply for this examination.
-->> Age should between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st August of the examination.
-->> Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination and it is conducted by UPSC couple of times in a year for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Indian Air Force.

Eligibility for Indian Military Academy :-

-->> The candidate must have a completed their bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification.
-->> No percentage bar required to apply for this examination.
-->> Age should between 19 years and 25 years as on 1st August of the examination.
-->> Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.
-->> Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
-->> Even you can apply for OTA Examination as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?