25th September 2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Is a dental graduate eligible for CMSE? Does the various recruitment's for dentists via UPSC require to give any exam?

Hi,
I am a Dental Graduate.I would like to know if I am eligible for CMSE .Also I would like to know that wheter the various recruitment for dentists via UPSC require to give any examination for eligibility for application.

28th May 2011, 03:42 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a dental graduate eligible for CMSE? Does the various recruitment's for dentists via UPSC require to give any exam?

Hello friend,
The Combined Medical Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for the exam is M.B.B.S.
The maximum age limit to be eligible is 32 years for candidates belonging to general category, 37 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category and 35 years for candidates belonging to OBC category.

Apart from written examination, UPSC also recruits dentists directly for medical services in different parts of the country. To be eligible, you must be registered with dental council of India and must possess a minimum of two years of experience in private or government hospital or even private practice.
The notification is published in India's leading newspapers including Employment News and also on the official website of UPSC.
To keep yourself updated, you should visit the official website of UPSC regularly.
27th August 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is a dental graduate eligible for CMSE? Does the various recruitment's for dentists via UPSC require to give any exam?

I feel dental council of India must stop giving recognition to fresh dental colleges becouz there is very less opportunity of job for dentist. in India
16th September 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

is their any seat for dental student in upsc exam?
21st June 2012, 05:29 PM
romi_bal

UPSC (Union Public Service commission) conducts Combined Medical Service Examination (CMSE) for the rank of medical officer in various Government Departments like Railways, Central Health Services, Municipal Corporation of Delhi etc.

The selection through Combined Medical Service Examination is through two stages:
Written Test: The written test is of 500 marks while personality test is of 100 marks.
Personality Test: Only the candidates who qualify the written test are called for personality test. The personality test is of 100 marks.

Important Dates(Tentative):

Release of Notification: September 1st week, 2009
Last Date of submission of Application forms: October 1st week, 2009
Date of Combined Medical Service Examination: January 3rd week, 2010

Details of Examination:

Written Test:
Paper 1 examination (2 hours):
General Ability: 30 Questions
General Medicine: 70 Questions
Paediatrics: 20 Questions

Paper 2 examination(2 hours):
Surgery: 40 Questions
Gynecology & Obstetrics: 40 questions
Preventive & Social Medicine: 40 questions

Personality Test consists of an interview to judge the candidate’s knowledge in the medical field and General Knowledge and other skills and requirements like the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
4th July 2012, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bds in india,want to do mds in singapore..is bds have recognition in singapore
22nd September 2012, 06:08 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

Eligibility

Age limit

Below 32 years on 1st January of the year of Examination. (Age-limit relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and some other categories, as notified by Govt. from time to time)

Eligibility Criteria

• A pass in the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.

• Candidates appearing at the final MBBS Examination are also eligible to apply. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the examination will be required to submit proof of passing the written and practical parts of final MBBS.

• A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he will be appointed only after he has completed the compulsory rotating internship.
31st January 2014, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

HII M A GRADUATE FROM andhra pradesh, I TOO AGREE FOR D ABOVE STATEMENT coz dere are many dentists just for d sake of being called as docs, dey not even know how to extract a tooth. this is all coz giving recognition to d collleges which dont even have an O.P of 10 per day, and giving 3 to 4 pg seats in dose colleges, where govt.colgs having 500 to 600 per day u.g seats of 40 and 2 p.g per dept since 30 years dat too only 1 govt colg in a.p soo sad dis is.
many of dentists giving up dere degree and transferring to other courses llike mba, appsc groups just coz of lack of oppurtunities
17th July 2022, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Is a dentist eligible for upsc cmse exam? And if yes what's the syllabus for bds graduate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?