8th March 2018, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of B.Tech(Genetic Engineering)?

I'm doing my 12th right now. I want to study Genetic Engineering in B.Tech. Is Genetic having good scope in future? What are all the jobs that I can get? Please give me your answer.

15th April 2018, 03:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of B.Tech(Genetic Engineering)?

Scope of B.Tech (Genetic Engineering) course in India:

Yes, I can say that there is a huge scope for B.Tech (Genetic Engineering) course in India. You may find employment opportunities in the below mentioned organizations,

<> Pharmaceutical Industries
<> Medical Organization
<> Agricultural Organizations
<> Chemical Companies
<> R&D Departments
<> Genetic Engineering firms..etc.,

Some of the other recruiters are,
* Centre for DNA Fingerprint and Diagnostics, Hyderabad
* National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
* Institute of Genomic and Integrative Biology, Delhi
* Biochemical Engineering Research and Process Development Center, Chandigarh

After completion of the course, you may also pursue other Master's Degree courses. They are,
@ M.Sc in Genetic Engineering
@ Master of Engineering in Genetic Engineering
@ M.Tech in Genetic Engineering..etc.,
16th April 2018, 11:11 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Genetic engineering, you should have completed 12th standard in science stream from a recognized board. After completing the course, you can get jobs in some of the following areas:

> Medical Industries

> Pharmaceutical Companies

> Research and Development Institutes

> Agricultural Companies

> Genetic Engineering Companies

> Chemical Industries etc
17th April 2018, 07:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Scope of B.Tech in Genetic Engineering in India:

There is a huge scope of Genetic Engineering field in India and here are the important details of the course. Basically this Genetic Engineering deals with the Genetic Modification and related to DNA and Genes,.etc.,

The basic educational qualification required to pursue this B.Tech in Genetic Engineering is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university. As you are done with 12th Class, I can say that you are certainly eligible. Besides this, you are required to appear in entrance examinations as merit done based on the marks secured either in National level examination or else in concerned college's entrance examination. Some of the examinations include, JEE Advance, JEE Mains, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE..etc.,

You may find job opportunities in organizations like, Institute of Genomic and Integrative Biology, Delhi; National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi; Genetic based organizations, Research and Development organizations..etc., as a Genetic Engineer, Research Scientist, Medical Writer, Lecturer, Information Security Engineer..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?