8th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MS/M.Tech in Bio-Engineering after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying Biotechnology in B.Tech. I am in my 6th semester now. After my B.Tech I want to do M.Tech or M.S. but in different stream. I am desired to do my post graduation in Bio-Engineering. So, is this possible for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exams available to study MTech(Bio Pharmaceutical Technology) in Anna University, Chennai?
  2. Eligibility to study MTech(Bio Pharmaceutical Technology) in Anna University, Chennai?
  3. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Bio-Processing Engineering after completing B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  4. How can I study BSc(Biotechnology) after completing 12th Science?
  5. Eligibility to study Master in Bio Inspired Engineering in FH Kufstein Tirol for BTech(Biomedical Engineering) student?
  6. What are the courses available to take after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  7. Can I do Biotechnology with Biology background and without Maths after 12th? Institutes in India offering such course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility criteria and number of attempts in DBT-JRF for OBC student?
  9. Can I study Biotechnology in IIT after completing BSc in Biotechnology
  10. Am I eligible to study Biotechnology if haven't studied Biology in +2?
  11. Best careers after completion of 12th with PCB?
  12. Can I get Lateral entry in any recognized Engineering college for pursuing Bio-medical Engineering or Bio-process Engineering after completing DMLT?
  13. Which Exams can I appear for better career having completed 12th class with PCB?
  14. Admission procedure to study Master in Bio Inspired Engineering in FH Kufstein Tirol?
  15. Am i eligible to pursue BSc in Biotechnology? I have passed 12th in bio science
  16. Can I study BTech(Genetic Engineering) after completing 12th PCB? -- [New]
  17. How to do BTech in Biotechnology? I am working in reputed Bio Pharmaceutical company
  18. Eligibility to study MTech(Computer Science & Engineering) for BTech(ECE) student?
15th April 2018, 04:56 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MS/M.Tech in Bio-Engineering after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?

Yes, you are eligible to study MS/ M.Tech in Bio-Engineering after completion of your B.Tech in Biotechnology course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Biotechnology or any other related stream are eligible to pursue MS/ M.Tech in Bio-Engineering course. Admission in MS/ M.Tech Biotechnology course are done through entrance examination or admission test conducted by the respective college/ university.
15th April 2018, 11:22 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MS/M.Tech in Bio-Engineering after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?

Yes, you are eligible to study MS/ M.Tech in Bio-Engineering after completing your B.Tech in Biotechnology course. MS/ M.Tech Bio-Engineering course is next level of Bachelor's degree course related to Biotechnology. To get admission in MS/ M.Tech Bio-Engineering course, you have to appear and qualify the entrance examination or admission test conducted by the respective institute. The duration of M.Tech Bio-Engineering course is two years.
17th April 2018, 06:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to pursue M.S or M.Tech in Bio-Engineering after successful completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology course. The basic educational qualification required to pursue this course is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university. As you are done with B.Tech in Biotechnology, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue Master's Degree in Bio-Engineering course. Besides this you are required to appear in an entrance examination for getting admission into Master's Degree of concerned college's exam.

Some of the colleges offering ME in Biomedical Engineering are,
> Vinayaka Missions University, Salem
> University College of Engineering, Hyderabad
> Anna University, Chennai ..etc.,

After completion of studies you may find employment opportunities in Quality Control organizations, Diagnostic Centers, Manufacturing Organizations, R&D departments,..etc., as a Support Technician, Clinical Research Engineer, Technical Assistant, Support Technician, Biomedical Engineer..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?