24th April 2015, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in Higher Secondary to pursue BCA?

Hello,
I want to get admission in BCA course.
So, can you please tell me what I should
take in Higher Secondary?
Please help me to know about this.

26th April 2015, 01:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in Higher Secondary to pursue BCA?

The best course you can pursue in Higher Secondary Course is "12th Class with PCM subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)". To be eligible for doing BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course is "12th Class Pass from a recognized University" and must have studied "MATHEMATICS" as a Compulsory subject. Remember, most of the institutes insist candidate must have studied Mathematics during their Higher Secondary Class. If you go with 12th Class with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects, you will be certainly eligible to pursue BCA course. Apart from this, candidates must have studied "English" as one of the subjects to get admission into BCA Course. Hence I suggest you to go with 12th Class with PCM subjects and English as one of the subjects and make sure you secure minimum 50% marks in Higher Secondary classes to be eligible for doing BCA Course in any institute/ Organization.
26th April 2015, 03:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to pursue BCA course, then, you need to pursue Non-Medical Science stream in your 11th and 12th standards. To be eligible get admission to pursue BCA course, you must have pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. You can direct admission in BCA course because no entrance examinations are conducted for admission to BCA course except some top colleges conducts their own entrance test and offers admissions to candidates who have performed in the entrance examination.
26th April 2015, 03:04 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Actually, there is no specific stream like that, but you must have studied mathematics at intermediate level. So, better go for the science stream. Even you can go for commerce stream, but you have mathematics at intermediate level and it is mandatory to apply for BCA course. There are no entrance examination for BCA course, but few top institutions may conduct entrance examination.

BCA Eligibility:

-Applicant should have completed intermediate level from a recognized School.
-Applicant must have secured at least 60% marks (55% marks for reserved categories).
26th April 2015, 07:59 PM
PATHGUIDE

Minimum Educational qualification for admission in BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application) is:
Candidate should have passed 10+2exam from a recognized board with minimum 55% marks as mathematics as a compulsory subjects with any stream Science/Commerce/arts.

Age criteria is 17 to 22years of age.

So if your goal is to pursue BCA after your 12th then do your 12th with above specified subjects.
27th April 2015, 01:21 AM
amanshrivastava98

• There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

So, it depends upon the university of your choice and better to go with Maths + Computer Science if you want to go in this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?