29th May 2015, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

What subject should I take for graduation for becoming IAS when I study in IGCSE board?

Now I am studying in grade 9 in IGCSE board . I wanted to know which subject should I take for graduation for IAS . And the subjects I am doing now is Business Studies , Account, Economic, Combine Science, Maths , hindi and English language 1. Which subject should I chose for doing graduation for IAS OFFICER

29th May 2015, 10:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subject should I take for graduation for becoming IAS when I study in IGCSE board?

You can opt for any stream in Graduation course in which you are interested if you want to become an IAS officer. To become an IAS officer, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any stream from a recognised university.

4. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ST :- No Limit
29th May 2015, 11:12 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subject should I take for graduation for becoming IAS when I study in IGCSE board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now I am studying in grade 9 in IGCSE board . I wanted to know which subject should I take for graduation for IAS . And the subjects I am doing now is Business Studies , Account, Economic, Combine Science, Maths , hindi and English language 1. Which subject should I chose for doing graduation for IAS OFFICER

There is nothing specific regarding the subject which you need to choose for applying for the IAS exam. This is one of the civil service exam and is conducted by UPSC. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for IAS exam.

Nationality:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

Age Limit:

# For general category candidate it is 21-30 years

# For SC/ST candidate it is 21-35 years

# For OBC candidate it is 21-33 years

Educational Qualification:

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream. Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for applying.

If you satisfy all these above criteria then you can apply for the IAS exam. The candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

The preliminary exam is a objective type and has a total marks of 400 consisting of 2 compulsory papers. The main exam is a written exam.

There are certain number of attempts which is allowed:
  • For General : 3
  • For SC/ST : No limit
  • For OBC : 7

For more information check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2015, 12:24 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
You can operate any subject in Graduation based on your Interested. There is no specific subject is mandatory for the IAS entrance exam. Any stream Graduate students are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam. Those candidates who have completed Graduation without any pending backlogs are eligible. You must appear and qualify in the Civil Service Exam in order to become an IAS officer. The Important notification regarding he exam will be updated on the official website of UPSC.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2015, 01:37 PM
Ashwakh

Generally to apply for the IAS exam , the candidate should have completed graduation in any descipline from a recognised university . So , you can take any course in graduation.

Firstly , you should successfully complete Tenth from any recognized Board
Secondly , you should complete 12th from any recognized Board.
You can take PCM as your subjects in 12th .
P-Physics
C-Chemistry
M-Mathematics

Later , in graduation you can take anyone of the following courses.
B.com
B.sc maths
B.sc Chemistry
B.sc physics
B.tech (ece,eee,cse,it,mechanical , etc.)

You should complete your graduation from a recognized university to apply for the IAS exam.

The IAS exam will conduct by UPSC .

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2. main exam
3. interview
30th May 2015, 05:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
As you want to become IAS officer, so I suggest you to select any subject based on your 12th standard specialization. The minimum Educational qualification required for IAS exam is a Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. But as per my knowledge, I suggest you to take Arts Stream. However, please go through below, which you can get an Idea for selecting the specialization.

IAS Entrance Exam Syllabus:

Paper 1

- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
- General science.

Paper 2

- Comprehension
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level) or Commerce stream at Graduation level.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2017, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my 12 with science stream and i want to be an ias so should i select B.E or B.Sc or B.A as graduation please suggest me i am very confused
3rd June 2017, 02:02 AM
Pawan singh stp

You should take admission in B.A. as a graduation with political science geography and public administration as these subjects are more helpful in preparation of IAS... Best of luck for your preparation..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?