29th May 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Whether I have to take Science or Commerce in 11th to do Architecture?

I am puzzled weather i have to take science or commerce in 11th to do architecture, as i am not interested in science. Can any one please help me. If i have to science then which combination will be useful???

29th May 2016, 08:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I have to take Science or Commerce in 11th to do Architecture?

To do Architecture course, you must have to opt for Science stream in 11th standard. Even if you are not interested in Science stream and interested to do Architecture course, you must have to study Science stream in 11th standard. You need to appear in NATA examination to get admission in Architecture course after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board.
29th May 2016, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I have to take Science or Commerce in 11th to do Architecture?

Only maths at class 12th level is required to become eligible for architecture entrance exams. There is no need to take science if you are not interested in it.

Commerce with maths with also make you eligible for exams like JEE Main and NATA. Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam and seats allotted through counselling.
29th May 2016, 09:25 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To pursue graduation in architecture, the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.

You can opt for any of the stream which has mathematics as one of the subject. The candidate has to pass the class 12 examination with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized board of education.

You should not opt for commerce if you wish to pursue Architecture in graduation course.

The candidate has to appear for National aptitude test in architecture (NATA) to pursue architecture course.
30th May 2016, 12:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am puzzled weather i have to take science or commerce in 11th to do architecture, as i am not interested in science. Can any one please help me. If i have to science then which combination will be useful???
I am sorry that Commerce stream students are not eligible for Architecture course. You need to take science stream with combination Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board to be eligible for Bachelor Degree in Architecture.

- The basic eligibility needed for joining B.Arch is Plus two with a minimum of 50% marks in Science subjects from a recognized university.
- The candidate need to score at least 50% of marks at 12th standard level.
- Apart from the educational qualification, the candidate has to qualify in the entrance exam.
30th May 2016, 03:02 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for Commerce stream and can very much get admission in B.Arch course as the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for B.Arch course is that a candidate should have completed his 12th boards and should have studied Maths and English at their +2 level and should have scored a minimum of 50% in it.
30th May 2016, 05:33 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

For being an Architect, you have to study basic Physics and Mathematics. You cannot escape away from these subjects if you want to pursue Architecture in future.

According to the eligibility criteria for NATA (i.e. the entrance examination for Architecture), the candidate must have to pass the 12th standard with Maths and Physics.

So, you have to choose Science with a combination of Maths + Physics.
30th May 2016, 01:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing the course of architecture (i.e; Bachelor of Architecture) which is five year course with a good career scope, you are required to have a minimum of higher secondary school degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate with Maths as one of the compulsory subject from a recognized board of education.

So you do not have to be worried much for the selection between Commerce and Science stream for your further studies as you can opt for Mathematics in both streams. Also I would like to suggest you that you should go for that stream about which you feel secured and have interest.

But, from my point of view you should go for the Science stream with Mathematics i.e; PCM as it would have more career opportunities later on as compared to that of Commerce stream.
30th May 2016, 11:08 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The aspirant should study Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 11th and 12th to do B.Arch. The eligibility to study B.Arch is a pass in 10+2 with PCM with a minimum of 60% marks. You have to appear for an entrance examination called as NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture for the admission to B.Arch. So you have to choose PCM group in 11th to do B.Tech Architecture. The course is available in various engineering colleges in India.
30th May 2016, 11:09 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can do Architecture by any stream in 11th standard. But you must take care that you should have Mathematics and English as the main subjects in your 12th exams. For getting admission in good college you should apply for NATA entrance exam. So my suggestion to you is that if you are not interested in science stream then you should go for commerce with Maths in your 11th and 12th class.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?